The VIPER Garage
User Info
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 18, 2018, 12:26:38 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
News
Welcome to the updated Viper Garage.  We look forward to exchanging stories, events, tech info, pictures and fun.  Welcome to our humble Viper Home
Pick Your ViperGarage Theme
Forum Stats
24611 Posts in 1933 Topics by 817 Members
Latest Member: arnytt
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
The VIPER Garage  |  Miscellaneous Discussions  |  Off Topic  |  Health, Fitness and Nutrition
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 22 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Health, Fitness and Nutrition  (Read 28731 times)
Sybil TF

« Reply #15 on: September 06, 2013, 07:37:31 PM »

probably non existent,......... (serious answer) can't remember the last time it was checked

So when do we get to TMI, just want to know so I'm not the only fool in the pool

The more you can boost it the more belly fat you will burn without doing anything. You really think those guys do p90x to look like that ? :nonoNO: Get it checked and fixed and weight loss will come at a faster pace.

I think I already dove in the pool and just floating around :lol:
You know who!
Sybil TF

« Reply #16 on: September 06, 2013, 07:52:52 PM »

So, I noticed I was carrying about 10 lbs too much, and had to pick up the pace and change some habits to get back to my ideal weight. btw that is 172 lbs for me. I have to do a "tour" in the operations center and have not been as active. I stopped all Soda, use raw coconut "sugar" instead of real sugar, run 3-5 miles every 2nd day, and when home, mountain bike as fast as I can for 30 mins on the trails around my place on days I don't run. I take a rest every 5th day, then start again. I have also gone back to the dojo as there is a Vale Tudo school not far from me, and I have somewhat of a schedule. Helps me strengthen my core and burns a huge amount of calories but is only 1-2 times a month for me.

1 month in and I am 4 lbs short of my goal, but I'm also replacing fat with muscle and that's ok. :)

Seems like you know your body well and can shape it when you need to reach a set goal. I would also suggest a T booster for you such as T-bomb II sold online at A-1 supplements or any supplement store. Less work and more fat burning just standing still.
You know who!
RTTTTed
Owner
Administrator

Viper Nation - ezine
« Reply #17 on: September 07, 2013, 01:18:23 PM »

T booster?  Although Shooter may be ideal at 172 ... that'w where I'm at but would prefer to be 160
1999 1200rwhp TT GTS - ART, 2001 Roe sc GTS- (4 sale), 440 Duster restomod (sold), 3x Stealth TTs, 92 Daytona IROC with T3, 580whp/1080wtq Cummins pickup.
Sybil TF

« Reply #18 on: September 07, 2013, 01:30:13 PM »

T booster?  Although Shooter may be ideal at 172 ... that'w where I'm at but would prefer to be 160

Yeah the T-booster will help you lose body fat, gain lean muscle.
You know who!
ViperJeff
Administrator

Viper Registry
« Reply #19 on: September 07, 2013, 05:08:44 PM »

I should be about 165..... At that point I can say, I'm less than half the man I used to be
“Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts.”
― Winston Churchill
Sybil TF

« Reply #20 on: September 07, 2013, 06:22:18 PM »

I should be about 165..... At that point I can say, I'm less than half the man I used to be

Well you are making progress so keep doing what you are doing until you hit a plateau. Then you will have to up the game. I would still get the T level checked tho.
You know who!
plumcrazy
Global Moderator

« Reply #21 on: September 08, 2013, 02:16:49 AM »

checking t levels is a must do IMO.

eucharistos

« Reply #22 on: September 08, 2013, 02:33:18 PM »

is it a blood test or dip stick kinda thing?

never knew so many were aware of such things  :headscratch:
eucharistos

« Reply #23 on: September 08, 2013, 02:37:06 PM »

also, my current diet (best diet i've ever done, i think i can do this one as a lifestyle change, not just a temporary fix) has been working, but i think i'm loosing too much muscle too fast......what to do about this without derailing the diet?
Sybil TF

« Reply #24 on: September 08, 2013, 03:51:03 PM »

is it a blood test or dip stick kinda thing?

never knew so many were aware of such things  :headscratch:

Lab will draw blood with a needle.
You know who!
Sybil TF

« Reply #25 on: September 08, 2013, 03:58:36 PM »

also, my current diet (best diet i've ever done, i think i can do this one as a lifestyle change, not just a temporary fix) has been working, but i think i'm loosing too much muscle too fast......what to do about this without derailing the diet?

You need a protein supplement(shake) 30 minute window right after a weight training session  or workout for best absorption. Add more protein to your diet in general to keep from burning the muscle instead of the fat. You should not be burning lean muscle tissue for fuel!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

But, what is your diet and what is your training routine?
You know who!
eucharistos

« Reply #26 on: September 09, 2013, 11:49:55 AM »

thanks for asking syb

i think at this time my problem is i'm probably taking in too few calories

my diet is something i came up with over several months and it looks much like a paleo diet,

the main thing is i removed "bad foods" and added "good foods"

added healthy oils (animal fats, coconut oil), raw milk, grass fed beef, etc.

cut grains and grain products (do eat some but much less), no commercial oils (this makes supplementing difficult - most protein powders have canola, etc oils) avoid sugars, but do eat a large quality of good quality ice cream, avoid commercial chicken, commercial  beef, commercial  pork and farm raised fish

i've been in and out of the gym for over 35 yrs.....these days i'm in an "out of the gym" period but do minor lifting to keep some strength with light and heavy dumbbells
eucharistos

« Reply #27 on: September 09, 2013, 11:52:19 AM »

also, took your advice and have added deep squats  :2thumbsup:
Sybil TF

« Reply #28 on: September 09, 2013, 12:15:23 PM »

also, took your advice and have added deep squats  :2thumbsup:

Go slow and light, spread your feet a little more than shoulder width. After a month or so you  can go wider with your stance and switch it up thereafter. Get some knee compressions or wraps to be safe. Add a little weight when you feel you can.

If you want a butt like this it has to be done, no pain no gain!!
« Last Edit: August 27, 2014, 12:22:07 PM by Sybil TF » Logged
You know who!
eucharistos

« Reply #29 on: September 09, 2013, 12:20:27 PM »

here is a pic of me doing a squat (with notations)

:headscratch: well, not me but still great form  :2thumbsup:
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 22 Go Up Print 
« previous next »

SMF 2.0.2 | SMF © 2011, Simple Machines | Theme by nesianstyles | Buttons by Andrea