The VIPER Garage
User Info
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 23, 2018, 01:32:03 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
News
Pick Your ViperGarage Theme
Forum Stats
24612 Posts in 1933 Topics by 817 Members
Latest Member: arnytt
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
The VIPER Garage  |  VCA topics  |  VCA threads  |  Important,regional president on moderation at the VCA
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Important,regional president on moderation at the VCA  (Read 10065 times)
Hadvenom08

« on: September 14, 2013, 11:23:14 AM »

Have permission to post this.Also let it be known.

Lee/Marv/Chris all have moderation and admin capabilities. A clear example that things have not changed and that they are attempting to stifle communications.

Sent: Saturday, September 14, 2013 1:00 PM
To: Chris Marshall (y2kgts@aol.com); DJEverts@cox.net
Cc: jtcanal@bellsouth.net; cathy@viperclubcfl.com; spalti@bluewin.ch; gc (nsane1@tx.rr.com)
Subject: Moderation?
Importance: High

So, I learn today I've been moderated after seeing that a post (responding to race insurance) tells me I don't have the right to have my post made until it's approved. I haven't posted a thing in I think over a week, but somehow my rights to post things have changed. I've received no notice and I don't understand what grounds this is allowable. It also interests me that the same complaints Dan/Lee made about the board making votes to moderate people - now you use it swiftly as a tool to control now. The hypocrisy is amazing.

I'd like to know what misbehavior on the boards caused me to be moderated? I have done nothing on the VCA forums to have my membership privileges changed.

I've blind copied my board and many key people on this, so they can see that now I - in addition to the many complaints we've gotten from members in the last two days who got the same - have now had their status changed. The president of a region has now also gotten the same, after not even making a single questionable post. I'm also CCing the board members who's emails I have so that the folks who make/may not have a hand in this are visible. I don't understand why this is allowable.

I've tried not to be confrontational, however you are leaving people no choice to begin speaking out PERSONALLY - because you are targeting individual folks. I have walked a line of fairness throughout my history even at times when I COMPLETELY disagreed with what has been taking place - and I maintained confidentiality. I don't deserve it.

I will start making my discontent known if I now begin to become the target of these games. THIS is yet another example of the control and politics that others have suffered which STILL exists in this club. And for all receiving this email, I'm glad that at least the visibility of this helps demonstrate that there is no "new day" here. I'm hoping that those innocent people of the board see and understand that this is only one of the many elements that people have been complaining about. Think about what they are doing, and now I'm added to the list.

My reputation will withstand and so will my expectations as a club member of the VCA - I'm being treated unfairly and I should not be just because I have a different opinion and am seen as the opposition. This is an embarrassment to the club.

Alex Ristanovic
President
Viper Club of America, Illinois Region
E-Mail: AlexR@IllinoisVipers.com
Only dimly aware of a certain unease in the air.
Viper Girl
Global Moderator

« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2013, 11:35:33 AM »

wow.... guess they didn't like IL region leaving? Didn't IL pay dues until 12/31/13 too?
eucharistos

« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2013, 01:04:02 PM »

i'm posting this in a couple of threads b/c imo it is too funny to miss:

chorps

« Reply #3 on: September 14, 2013, 01:56:06 PM »

I believe they are silencing any outspoken critics WITHOUT banning to make the optics look better.

By this I mean when you look at a thread, you won't see how many people would have been banned because their membership status looks like nothing has happened (VCA member status is still intact). That way they can go about putting up topics saying 'all is well, and look, no dissent!' and apologists in the threads (like BobPantax) can go about posting how silence means assent.

It's a total crock because they can also go back to Chrysler and say, "Although we don't have JonB and Maurice anymore, we're all a happy family because if there were any concerns you'd see them on our forums!"

I'm contemplating writing a letter directly to Pat Dougherty (Chrysler) outlining the continued concerns that I, as an current VCA member, have about the National VCA's inabilities to set things right in an open, transparent and communicative manner. I would also urge Chrysler to distance themselves from the VCA and to consider looking at whatever Maurice is doing as a new way forward.

I can't wait until that photo of Maurice hits the mainstream auto websites like Allpar and Jalopnik and even that second rate Autoblog site. Put a fork in the VCA, they're done. The VCA stabbed themselves in the eyes when they booted Maurice.
Ratical2

« Reply #4 on: September 14, 2013, 04:27:42 PM »

Post are disappearing left and right.  They are eliminated dissenting voices and many of my recent post.  I am no long able to access my account and all my new post are being moderated.  Banned without being banned. 

Sybil TF

« Reply #5 on: September 14, 2013, 05:45:10 PM »

Post are disappearing left and right.  They are eliminated dissenting voices and many of my recent post.  I am no long able to access my account and all my new post are being moderated.  Banned without being banned.

Wow they are stepping up the bans!! No surprise.
You know who!
eucharistos

« Reply #6 on: September 14, 2013, 09:37:06 PM »

the canucks are speaking up

posted by Asp Man, VCA Member
Western Canada

Default Re: another founding member suspended!?
The actions of the current national BoD over the last few days baffling and inexcusable. I cannot believe manner in which founding members of the VCA are being treated. It sickens me. I say this knowing full well that I will likely have my account locked or I may be banned, whatever.
I've been on your Regional BoD for years, and have enjoyed it greatly. What's happening now is not enjoyable. I have always been an enthusiast first and a club member second, I can not be both with the current politicizing going on at the top.
This could be my last post so I want to make it clear that being involved with the club to this point has been a great experience for me as a member and a regional director. By and large the stuff at national has had little effect on me personally...until recently. Members in our region have started to see me as "one of them", not accurate in the least and I won't stand for it.

Now, who wants to go for a drive?
RTTTTed
Owner
Administrator

Viper Nation - ezine
« Reply #7 on: September 14, 2013, 10:17:54 PM »

I can attest that Asp man has always treated me well and never told me I couldn't come to an event.  I enjoyed events with Greg until the nat VCA banned me from going to local Viper events.  I grew to Porsche, and all brand competitions instead of autoX and wine tasting - which was my wife's favourite event.

1999 1200rwhp TT GTS - ART, 2001 Roe sc GTS- (4 sale), 440 Duster restomod (sold), 3x Stealth TTs, 92 Daytona IROC with T3, 580whp/1080wtq Cummins pickup.
Adrnln

beat on it like its your little brother !

« Reply #8 on: September 15, 2013, 08:42:29 AM »

I've known Aspman since before he bought his Viper and know how passionate he is about the car and the lifestyle, perhaps equally as passionate as our own Ted !
The recent venom spewed by national has certainly left a lot of the enthusiasts who don't usually get involved in the politics looking for alternatives , it's unfortunate that the politics have spilt over to VG and now instead of seeing car pics , mods and updates on events and other interesting posts it's all VCA related . I only hope the new club will be a car enthusiasts club rather than a sewing circle .
Hadvenom08

« Reply #9 on: September 15, 2013, 10:50:25 AM »

I've known Aspman since before he bought his Viper and know how passionate he is about the car and the lifestyle, perhaps equally as passionate as our own Ted !
The recent venom spewed by national has certainly left a lot of the enthusiasts who don't usually get involved in the politics looking for alternatives , it's unfortunate that the politics have spilt over to VG and now instead of seeing car pics , mods and updates on events and other interesting posts it's all VCA related . I only hope the new club will be a car enthusiasts club rather than a sewing circle .

With the new leadership in place starting a new club I think they know what they DON"T want in a car club.I have faith in the new founders of VOA.Now get that logo made specific to the new club :)
Only dimly aware of a certain unease in the air.
Coffee

« Reply #10 on: September 15, 2013, 11:49:21 AM »

I am one of the recent " Verbally Neutered" on there as well.  Things are getting worse, not better.  I don't even think the current board knows what's going on anymore.  I am going to guess they are monitoring other sites and matching up screen names.  I will admit to having been a little outspoken lately, but I have not stooped to any personal attacks that aren't already public knowledge.  The new club can't get going quick enough for my tastes, I would pay whatever the "Venom" type membership costs this time just to make sure the new club has enough help to overcome the start up costs.
Steve 00RT/10

« Reply #11 on: September 15, 2013, 04:00:30 PM »

With the new leadership in place starting a new club I think they know what they DON"T want in a car club.I have faith in the new founders of VOA.Now get that logo made specific to the new club :)

I fail to understand the wailing and gnashing of teeth over this. Why can't all the the local regions just continue on without missing a beat (all volunteer as it's always been) One simple internet forum, like this, can/could be used for all regional type get togethers.  There really needs be nothing else. ...Besides putting together a national convention, which only a VERY small percentage of members attend...what is the use of any national organization? SRT/Chrsyler could input to the common site just like everyone else.  IMO, there was never much bang for the buck with the VCA.  I came to realize that around 2008. ....$6 figures of overhead nut to crack in return for what?  It only got worse from there.  I would gladly have been an Associate Member, but they closed that loophole too.

Even if there was no new VOA coming...not one local region with active participating members would miss a beat. We certainly won't.  Enjoying Viper ownership for the vast majority of owners has little to do with any national club structure.  It has everything with the local club structure and the good people who volunteer at that level  to make it happen.  I say that as a member of a club which happens to be situated almost 500 miles away from us.

Steve
CMFY

« Reply #12 on: September 16, 2013, 05:44:36 AM »

They have been severly moderating many members for 3 years.
I don't know why it is so scandalous now

The latest twist is this one:

Furthermore...questioning why posts are removed is against forum posting policies as well. I refer you to the forum posting policies here...

So if you ask question why your post has been removed like Alex did, It will trigger an additional suspension !  :lol:
SEASnake

« Reply #13 on: September 16, 2013, 05:51:04 PM »

I don't know for sure because I didn't try to post anything and have no messages stating that I am, but I think I have been banned at the VCA. :D

I download the latest WA members list on Friday at 3:46 p.m. PST. Now today, it seems that my access to the Presidents Forum is gone as well as my avatar.

Never posted anything negative there - in fact my last post was 1 week ago when I offered to pick up the tab for our upcoming autocross for a former Oregon Member (assigned to WA at some point) whose email has been missing from my distribution list all year.

Stay classy VCA! :2thumbsup:
Viper Girl
Global Moderator

« Reply #14 on: September 16, 2013, 05:53:11 PM »

Water Snake, try to make a post in the test area... see if you can post anything or what the message is..
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 Go Up Print 
« previous next »

SMF 2.0.2 | SMF © 2011, Simple Machines | Theme by nesianstyles | Buttons by Andrea