The VIPER Garage
User Info
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 22, 2018, 04:18:39 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Welcome to the updated Viper Garage.  We look forward to exchanging stories, events, tech info, pictures and fun.  Welcome to our humble Viper Home
Pick Your ViperGarage Theme
Forum Stats
24605 Posts in 1931 Topics by 806 Members
Latest Member: Bheboosted
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
The VIPER Garage  |  General Viper Discussions  |  Viper Pit  |  10 years ago today...........TRAGEDY
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: 10 years ago today...........TRAGEDY  (Read 1426 times)
SoCal Rebell

« on: September 30, 2013, 09:16:28 PM »

10 years ago today a day will live in infamy, my good friend and a hero to the Viper community Paul Mumford (PMUM) was tragically taken away way too early in his life at the age of 32 by a plane crash. He was not only a champion race car driver buy a genuinely nice guy. I was at Laguna Seca when he won the WCGT race, the day before the race he cut his practice short and flew down to pick me up and bring me to the track and after his victory, with the trophy sitting on my lap we flew home. It turns out ironically that was his last flight he took until the day he crashed on takeoff to an Oakland As playoff game.

He really was a great guy, he told me on the flight home that he was going to ask his girlfriend Bridgette to marry him, such a shame what a waste. I went to the memorial and the funeral in Victorville, it was a huge gathering. I tried to console his girlfriend and told her of his intent to ask her to marry her, he had not asked her yet and she was pretty blown away. There is a memorial bolder and plaque at the top of the corkscrew at Laguna Seca, if you ever go there you can pay your respects to him there.

If you have a chance today say a prayer for him today. Here are some pictures the day in September when he won the WCGT at Laguna Seca...........except for the last one.

RIP PMUM Oct. 1st 2003

« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2013, 01:28:23 AM »

:( :checkeredflag: :USA:

Cant believe Ten years have passed.....
Support Tators

2009 1/1 Solid white ACR Hardcore
Viper Girl
Global Moderator

« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2013, 06:30:15 AM »

Viper Registry
« Reply #3 on: October 01, 2013, 07:01:55 AM »

God Bless
“Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts.”
― Winston Churchill

« Reply #4 on: October 01, 2013, 10:17:11 AM »

Missed by many, Respected by all.

Viper Nation - ezine
« Reply #5 on: October 01, 2013, 11:00:10 AM »

1999 1200rwhp TT GTS - ART, 2001 Roe sc GTS- (4 sale), 440 Duster restomod (sold), 3x Stealth TTs, 92 Daytona IROC with T3, 580whp/1080wtq Cummins pickup.
Global Moderator

« Reply #6 on: October 01, 2013, 02:09:55 PM »

cant believe its been that long...
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »

SMF 2.0.2 | SMF © 2011, Simple Machines | Theme by nesianstyles | Buttons by Andrea