The VIPER Garage
User Info
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 22, 2018, 04:23:14 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Pick Your ViperGarage Theme
Forum Stats
24605 Posts in 1931 Topics by 806 Members
Latest Member: Bheboosted
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
The VIPER Garage  |  VCA topics  |  VCA threads  |  Missing regional stipends
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Missing regional stipends  (Read 960 times)

« on: October 04, 2013, 01:42:50 PM »

How many regions didn't get their return for 2012 and 2013 ?

I noticed that only 70% of the dues are returned to regions.

Who keeps the money ?
Who decides which region gets the stipend ?
Does the BOD votes on this ?
Is this also a political game ?

« Last Edit: October 04, 2013, 01:45:58 PM by cangts40 » Logged

Viper Nation - ezine
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2013, 03:43:36 PM »

Wasn't the VPoA to pay support for the Clubs?  Chris said that the membership money/dues was insignificant and wouldn't pay for anything ... 
1999 1200rwhp TT GTS - ART, 2001 Roe sc GTS- (4 sale), 440 Duster restomod (sold), 3x Stealth TTs, 92 Daytona IROC with T3, 580whp/1080wtq Cummins pickup.
Steve 00RT/10

« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2013, 05:26:52 PM »

Wasn't the VPoA to pay support for the Clubs?  Chris said that the membership money/dues was insignificant and wouldn't pay for anything ...

The yearly membership dues, long before the VPoA, were always paid back to the regions out of the whole since we joined in early 2000.  $55 per head to start ...then to $52 when the VCA mandated Pay Pal and tagged the regions with the $3 fee...than back to $55 I believe the last year or two.  The raffle car was always the perennial big money maker, along with advertising revenue from a few sources and a few bucks from the dues structure.

I will never be in favor of my dues money having to be laundered through a national organization and then a stipend paid back to my region.  Not only is that extremely cost ineffective (local regions collect money with voluntary workers)'s just the opposite from the way it should be.  The local regions should collect their own money and those that want to can send their support to the new national organization.  Another advantage to this concept is that regions never have to wait for their money.  When their members renew or sign up as new members, they have all their money from the get go.  This is especially important for regions whose driving seasons are severely mitigated by weather.  If the new national org turns out to be a good thing, then it should have no trouble at all generating revenue to sustain itself using my above bottom up approach.

I hope all the regions still owed any money from the VCA are able to get what is due them.  I believe we're in good shape that way.  FTR....Our club membership has overwhelmingly supported the direction we took.

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »

SMF 2.0.2 | SMF © 2011, Simple Machines | Theme by nesianstyles | Buttons by Andrea