The VIPER Garage
User Info
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 20, 2018, 09:58:05 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
News
Welcome all new users to The Viper Garage - please read the site introduction in the Announcements
Pick Your ViperGarage Theme
Forum Stats
24611 Posts in 1933 Topics by 817 Members
Latest Member: arnytt
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
The VIPER Garage  |  VCA topics  |  VCA threads  |  CM States the facts...
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: CM States the facts...  (Read 3664 times)
RTTTTed
Owner
Administrator

Viper Nation - ezine
« Reply #15 on: October 12, 2013, 09:56:21 AM »

I used to buy 3 raffle tickets for every Raffle.  I had a bad feeling about the raffle and only bought one for the VOI 11 raffle.  After a short conversation I heard Chris have at the Mopar sponsored meal I decided never to buy another one because it sounded like a fix was in. 
1999 1200rwhp TT GTS - ART, 2001 Roe sc GTS- (4 sale), 440 Duster restomod (sold), 3x Stealth TTs, 92 Daytona IROC with T3, 580whp/1080wtq Cummins pickup.
ViperSRT

« Reply #16 on: October 12, 2013, 10:28:02 AM »

Lets not go too far with this conspiracy theory. Prior raffles when conducted in MI should not get the conspiracy aspects. MCVO members were present for all that I recall and JRT was involved as well.

I recommend the interest be applied only to those with CM control. And even Chris is not stupid enough to try to rig a raffle so I see no benefit to the effort. However, effort regarding the legality of a raffle is well placed.

My $0.02.
RTTTTed
Owner
Administrator

Viper Nation - ezine
« Reply #17 on: October 12, 2013, 12:07:52 PM »

LOL, you are correct.  The old VCA was great.  I wasn't forwarding another conspiracy theory, just what I did and why.  There's enough conspiracy with the absolute crap that Chris/Marv/Lee/Tim were trying to pull against Ralph and Chrysler corp.  I'm still trying to believe that sh*t.
1999 1200rwhp TT GTS - ART, 2001 Roe sc GTS- (4 sale), 440 Duster restomod (sold), 3x Stealth TTs, 92 Daytona IROC with T3, 580whp/1080wtq Cummins pickup.
Viper Girl
Global Moderator

« Reply #18 on: October 12, 2013, 03:12:02 PM »

I know VSRT...

For me it would have been fine if anyone else had won that Mclaren Viper... It was because a zone directors wife won it, and the heavy hand that was already coming down hard on the forum...
The PMs I got from those in charge trying to shut me up... They were nice about it... I didn't get banned... It was the principle of the whole thing...

RTTTTed
Owner
Administrator

Viper Nation - ezine
« Reply #19 on: October 12, 2013, 03:20:05 PM »

It's absolute BS that any officers of National would be allowed to enter.  Every national contest I've entered (cereal boxes used to have good ones, photo contests, raffles, etc.) no employees are allowed to enter as it becomes and OBVIOUS conflict of interest and gives a reason for "cheaters to prosper". 

National officers and Directors should NEVER have been allowed to enter.  I looks dishonest and immoral if any of them ever win. 
Viper Girl
Global Moderator

« Reply #20 on: October 12, 2013, 03:23:24 PM »

Cereal Boxes Ted??? what could possibly be in a box of wheaties that would interest you?

They put super chargers in cereal boxes up there??? what?
RTTTTed
Owner
Administrator

Viper Nation - ezine
« Reply #21 on: October 12, 2013, 06:07:06 PM »

Cereal Boxes Ted??? what could possibly be in a box of wheaties that would interest you?

They put super chargers in cereal boxes up there??? what?

New Cars, Toys (I was young once  :)) Magazines also would commonly have raffles and contests.  I guess the Gov. liked what they saw so they took over and don't allow many private raffles, Bingo games and Charities without massive amounts of efforts and restrictions.  Our community association recently held a raffle for a $18,000 side by side (quad) and it took a massive amount of work to host the raffle.  The profits were to pay for a new roof on the community hall.  Turns out the tickets didn't sell them selves and with only a couple weeks to the draw only 400 tickets had been sold -out of 2000.  It took a half dozen of us all of the 2 weeks and social media to sell another 1100 tickets before the draw.  The amount of profit was small, but at east they didn't lose any money.  Hall still needs a roof though    :idk:

Other than a few smaller raffles like that nowadays it's only Lottos and pick tickets where the Government makes all the money.  We sell Lotto and receive 5% only.

But ... no more cereal box or magazine raffles.  I remember when you could buy a chocolate bar and fill your info onto the wrapper and mail that in for $100,000 draw (except employees).

I wrote earlier about officers and directors shouldn't be allowed to buy tickets.  I sell Lotto tickets and because there was a huge scam in Ontario where the sales clerks were keeping the winning tickets and handing customers loser tickets ...  Lotto sellers are no longer allowed to win unless they buy their tickets from a different store.  If I scratch one of MY tickets and win it's illegal and I can't collect.  The law requires that I buy my tickets for the next closest store - 14 miles away!  No stores were busted for the Ontario scam, but to prevent that possibility they made all these laws.  It would have made it illegal for your car to be won by an officer and director.  It is why lotteries and raffles are required to be registered.  Keeps private individuals from getting rich.
Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
« previous next »

SMF 2.0.2 | SMF © 2011, Simple Machines | Theme by nesianstyles | Buttons by Andrea