The VIPER Garage
User Info
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
January 17, 2018, 11:05:19 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
News
Pick Your ViperGarage Theme
Forum Stats
24598 Posts in 1931 Topics by 788 Members
Latest Member: Blitz8282
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
The VIPER Garage  |  Generation-specific Viper Forums  |  SRT10 Viper Discussions  |  Torque specs?
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Torque specs?  (Read 771 times)
VIPER PIT

« on: October 27, 2013, 01:50:35 PM »

I am putting on the Belanger header and exhaust system. I seem to have misplaced my owners manual "CD".  What is the torque numbers for
1. Header bolts on the heads.
2. Valve covers.
3. Seating new spark plugs. Also gap specs for the oem plugs.
 I was doing fine pulling the plugs,  but one on the passenger side slipped from my fingers and hit the the floor screwing up the gap. It was enough that I can see it without a gauge. I figure with that one dropped I might as well replace all of them. The car is an 09 with 10,000 miles.
Now on to loosening motor mounts to get out the stock manifolds. Any pointers would be greatly appreciated.
VIPER PIT

« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2013, 01:54:43 PM »

Also, I did find 1 spark plug finger tight! I wonder what that was costing me?
RTTTTed
Owner
Administrator

Viper Nation - ezine
« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2013, 05:08:21 PM »

There is a How To on installing Belanger Headers into a Gen 3.  Plug gap depends on the plugs and what you use your car for.  Tracking your car much would recommend using the colder ACRX plugs (listed on the site somewhere - or PM Taillights).  Being blown I gap my plugs to .032" but most run about .045"?

If you're removing your cats there is also a How To on that subject with a permanent easy fix for the CEL in that "how to" as well

As far as header bolts you can torque them with a small wrench because the Belangers have an excellent flange that doesn't bend easily.  I recommend that you torque them snug (about 20ft lbs) then run the car through a couple heat cool cycles and retorque to the header instructions.  I would also recommend using the stock metal gaskets as a permanent gasket instead of the composition gaskets.  The Belnagers don't use lower gaskets, but I use a thin coating of exhaust silicone on the 6 collectors. 

Sorry but I don't have access to my shop manual to give you the factory torque specs.

1999 1200rwhp TT GTS - ART, 2001 Roe sc GTS- (4 sale), 440 Duster restomod (sold), 3x Stealth TTs, 92 Daytona IROC with T3, 580whp/1080wtq Cummins pickup.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »

SMF 2.0.2 | SMF © 2011, Simple Machines | Theme by nesianstyles | Buttons by Andrea