The VIPER Garage
User Info
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 19, 2018, 12:33:10 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
News
Welcome to the updated Viper Garage.  We look forward to exchanging stories, events, tech info, pictures and fun.  Welcome to our humble Viper Home
Pick Your ViperGarage Theme
Forum Stats
24619 Posts in 1934 Topics by 827 Members
Latest Member: dmillerc6
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
The VIPER Garage  |  Generation-specific Viper Forums  |  Gen 5 (Striker) SRT Viper GTS  |  What would it take to get you into a GenV? Really
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: What would it take to get you into a GenV? Really  (Read 2050 times)
mjorgensen

« on: October 28, 2013, 03:43:27 PM »

I would like to ask a hypothetical question and request that there be (NO discussion) on this thread. If you could have (1) thing done/changed to the GenV to make you more likely to purchase one what would it be, and we are not discussing price here. Please make your answers short, the more answers I get the better it could be used so tell your freinds to chime in if they have an opinion to share.
Jax92

VCA Medal of Honor winner

« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2013, 06:33:26 AM »

700+ horsepower!
RTTTTed
Owner
Administrator

Viper Nation - ezine
« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2013, 11:58:47 AM »

700+ horsepower!

:2thumbsup:
1999 1200rwhp TT GTS - ART, 2001 Roe sc GTS- (4 sale), 440 Duster restomod (sold), 3x Stealth TTs, 92 Daytona IROC with T3, 580whp/1080wtq Cummins pickup.
Sybil TF

« Reply #3 on: October 30, 2013, 04:29:42 PM »

An ecm that is tuneable? :lol: :headscratch:
You know who!
kratedisease

« Reply #4 on: October 31, 2013, 12:13:42 AM »

750HP.... NOTHING MORE...
C-Note

« Reply #5 on: October 31, 2013, 03:34:14 PM »

Cost, I think they are overpriced.
Taillights

« Reply #6 on: October 31, 2013, 08:12:50 PM »

I can't stand the LED lights surrounding the headlights, even when they're not turned on, there butt ugly, The Chrysler Corporation has always been innovaters but now they're just copying an ugly fad. that and like Sybil said a locked up computer.
TNT

« Reply #7 on: November 28, 2013, 06:00:40 PM »

700+ horsepower!

Ditto for me, they missed the HP number so many were hoping for :idk:
2004 Vert: Mopar Cam,ECU and 3" track exhausts
mad prof

« Reply #8 on: March 22, 2014, 12:46:10 PM »

Sequential gearbox with paddle-shift mode would have made the Gen 5 highly competitive with European supercars and drive sales in the continent and also China!

The V10 is a superb power plant which could claim the most powerful N/A engine in production, and we mean 800 hp +. Chrysler failed to maximise the impact of the engine.

Finally,  a four-wheel drive could have possibly made a significant challenge to Porsche and Lamborgini.

The following reflect only personal views

Vipers do not compete with Corvettes. The former are an emotional choice,  whereas the latter signify identity crisis and insecurity purchase of a marketing commodity.

Vipers compete with Ferraris, but unfortunately different decade ones.
RTTTTed
Owner
Administrator

Viper Nation - ezine
« Reply #9 on: March 22, 2014, 08:48:39 PM »

Prof the reports I got back on the Gen 5 was that they eat Euro supercars for breakfast|!  The new Aventador (700bhp AWD) is a close second to the new Viper in a race.  I admit that I actually like the Aventador as the Ultimate Lambo.  Much bigger and better looking that every other Lamborghini I would actually drive one if it was offered to me.  It's almost as fast as my slow GTS in the standing mile. 

The euro cars that are superior to the new Viper are the 19 Mercedes "Black" (friend in Kelowna bought one for racing with), the new million dollar porsche hybrid and the Maclaren Hybrid that isn't available.  The merc is only about 750bhp for a half million and the two hybrids are a million and better. 

As far as Ferraris ... Zahir Rana owns the world's fastest Ferrari Enzo that has about $3,000,000 invested and I'm hoping to race and beat his 950whp car one day soon.  I'm pretty sure he could beat my TT Viper around corners but I was planning to race him with my low boost pump gas tune and see if I need the extra 500hp to beat him.  I did race his 717hp Ferrari F40 with lightweight cf body and TT engine and beat him with my 2001 slow Viper in the mile, drift comp and mini road course events.  No there is a lot of extremely fast TT Lambos (Gallardos and Superleggaras) that are setting speed records even here in the west.  A plastic surgeon from Idaho has 2 UGR 1500whp AWD Lambos that hold current mile speed records and I'm hoping to beat his 232mph record at Mojave Mile next year.

I'm hoping for some input from older Land speed racer SRT engineers for running my car on the salt flats this summer.  They are building a streamliner powered by a pair of Viper engines!  I'm hoping those guys will help me out.  The SRT engineers I've talked to so far are ALL interested in ALL Mopars going faster and kicking eurocars  :lol: 

Just my humble opinion but since there don't seem to be many fast eurocars ...  or record setting cars ...  I think they failed.
1999 1200rwhp TT GTS - ART, 2001 Roe sc GTS- (4 sale), 440 Duster restomod (sold), 3x Stealth TTs, 92 Daytona IROC with T3, 580whp/1080wtq Cummins pickup.
Slitherbeast

« Reply #10 on: March 22, 2014, 10:13:57 PM »

I think they should have supercharged it!!
RTTTTed
Owner
Administrator

Viper Nation - ezine
« Reply #11 on: March 24, 2014, 08:14:41 PM »

I think they should have supercharged it!!

Can't argue with that  :2thumbsup:
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »

SMF 2.0.2 | SMF © 2011, Simple Machines | Theme by nesianstyles | Buttons by Andrea