The VIPER Garage
User Info
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
January 16, 2018, 12:25:50 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
News
Pick Your ViperGarage Theme
Forum Stats
24598 Posts in 1931 Topics by 788 Members
Latest Member: Blitz8282
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
The VIPER Garage  |  VCA topics  |  Viper Owners Association  |  Well, I've seen all I need to
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Well, I've seen all I need to  (Read 5077 times)
ViperJeff
Administrator

Viper Registry
« on: November 20, 2013, 10:23:55 AM »

As much as I thought the VOA was going to turn the corner.... I woke up.

I guess "Club" or "Association" membership will just have to wait for another day.  I'm happy for their success and wish them and their members all the best.  Guess I will just have to stay on the RAM SRT-10 boards and Viper Boards that are not clubs (or associations).  The VOA will be a good place for reading and learning so I will be enjoying that.

It's going to be a hell of a ride to watch

Cheers!

Vj
“Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts.”
― Winston Churchill
Taillights

« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2013, 11:48:05 AM »

What's up Jeff , tell me more.
Sybil TF

« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2013, 12:11:45 PM »

Yes, you got me curious.
You know who!
ViperJeff
Administrator

Viper Registry
« Reply #3 on: November 20, 2013, 02:09:47 PM »

You know, it really doesn't matter.  My blood runs Viper Red and my dedication to the Brand far exceeds the arrogance that has become the VOA. 

It was supposed to be better......

It's the same is every facet to the VCA.  Same mentality, same exclusionist nature, same everything.  There will be a Viper parked in my driveway that will be used everyday.  I know that day is coming!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OD8VmrzqZwM

Oh.. and I have over 29k VIN's I could join with... That would just be dishonest

Cheers!
Vj
“Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts.”
― Winston Churchill
Jax92

VCA Medal of Honor winner

« Reply #4 on: November 20, 2013, 05:56:36 PM »

I guess replacing the "C" with a "O" wasn't really the answer. :idk:
ViperJeff
Administrator

Viper Registry
« Reply #5 on: November 20, 2013, 06:11:18 PM »

I guess replacing the "C" with a "O" wasn't really the answer. :idk:

Oh, don't get me wrong, the name is a really good one.  VOA just did a copy/paste.....  It's still OK however.....

I don't begrudge anyone for the feelings they have and wanting it to be a pure Viper "Car" organization.
― Winston Churchill
Jax92

VCA Medal of Honor winner

« Reply #6 on: November 20, 2013, 06:32:04 PM »

Both clubs are making HUGE mistakes by ignoring the legacy of the marque.  At some point all the important info and history will be sorely missed.  I can understand the track guys and performance guys don't really care about the preservation and restoration of the cars.  It's been 22 years now and nothing really has been started.  The IVR is a joke and no one gives a crap.  History will be lost and it will be tough to catch up.
ViperJeff
Administrator

Viper Registry
« Reply #7 on: November 20, 2013, 07:15:04 PM »

Well, at least I got the IVR covered.....

Keep your fingers crossed.... Finished 2010 last weekend.  Hope to finish 2001 next weekend.  I can do about 50 Vipers an hours... some days I hate math, I don't like the time table it gives me.  By the time I finish, no one will care about the IVR.... oh hell... that's a thought, maybe when a VOA Member want's info, they have to be a Registry Member first.... hahahahah

― Winston Churchill
oldcolt

« Reply #8 on: November 20, 2013, 07:21:17 PM »

Now that would be funny! :lol:
ViperJeff
Administrator

Viper Registry
« Reply #9 on: November 20, 2013, 07:35:20 PM »

I'm actually considering it.  It really doesn't matter to me at this point if the VOA has a use for it or not, the fact that the history is in good hands is all that counts
― Winston Churchill
plumcrazy
Global Moderator

« Reply #10 on: November 21, 2013, 07:06:23 PM »

im surprised the VOA hasnt picked up on your work, its right up some of their alleys. but they are pretty damn new, maybe give them time...
ViperJeff
Administrator

Viper Registry
« Reply #11 on: November 21, 2013, 07:22:58 PM »

im surprised the VOA hasnt picked up on your work, its right up some of their alleys. but they are pretty damn new, maybe give them time...

The best thing for me to do is just get the work done and answer questions where I can.  I think it's important for me not to say what I'm working on, but to up that and just show them.  I see a few threads talking about individual registry's and I don't want to step on their toes especially when I don't have the work done yet.  They have time and so do I.  I have to keep remembering to be open minded and understand what some of these folks have experienced for years.

Besides, a Registry is not dependent on Membership so in the long run, It will be fun  :D
― Winston Churchill
Viper Girl
Global Moderator

« Reply #12 on: November 22, 2013, 08:58:11 AM »

Jeff,
The bottom line of what I have heard is that it's up to the regional Presidents. They are just getting things set up. It will be brought up as they vote and tweak the bylaws in the coming months.
It's not over yet.
ViperJeff
Administrator

Viper Registry
« Reply #13 on: November 22, 2013, 09:51:38 AM »

Jeff,
The bottom line of what I have heard is that it's up to the regional Presidents. They are just getting things set up. It will be brought up as they vote and tweak the bylaws in the coming months.
It's not over yet.

You do understand that we (the RAM SRT-10 folks) had to make that reach even knowing that success was going to be difficult.  I knew that if there was a chance, the attempt had to be made pretty quick and as close to the beginning as possible.  Once things are set, these kind of changes will never happen.  Knowing the direction of the current leadership, that chance has passed.  I know that OVC is more accommodating than national however, that doesn't help people in other states and countries.  Every opportunity is worth the try because the only time something is truly lost is when the attempt wasn't made.

I still stand by my first post, nothing has really changed, it's exactly the same.  and again, I'm OK with that.  Like I have said, it is their club and they have the right to be as exclusive as they choose.  I just know I won't fight for it any longer, I have to many other things to complete.  Still have lots to do here in the coming months and I'm beginning to wonder about that as I do tests. 

signed.... stressed!
― Winston Churchill
RTTTTed
Owner
Administrator

Viper Nation - ezine
« Reply #14 on: November 22, 2013, 12:04:44 PM »

Tests?  OMG, there's going to be a test?  No one told me there was a test ... :lol:
1999 1200rwhp TT GTS - ART, 2001 Roe sc GTS- (4 sale), 440 Duster restomod (sold), 3x Stealth TTs, 92 Daytona IROC with T3, 580whp/1080wtq Cummins pickup.
Pages: [1] 2 3 Go Up Print 
« previous next »

SMF 2.0.2 | SMF © 2011, Simple Machines | Theme by nesianstyles | Buttons by Andrea