The VIPER Garage
User Info
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 20, 2018, 09:56:26 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
News
Welcome all new users to The Viper Garage - please read the site introduction in the Announcements
Pick Your ViperGarage Theme
Forum Stats
24611 Posts in 1933 Topics by 817 Members
Latest Member: arnytt
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
The VIPER Garage  |  VCA topics  |  Viper Owners Association  |  Well, I've seen all I need to
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Well, I've seen all I need to  (Read 5560 times)
ViperJeff
Administrator

Viper Registry
« Reply #15 on: November 22, 2013, 01:13:01 PM »

I already know what your test is.... you better put on a helmet
“Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts.”
― Winston Churchill
Steve 00RT/10

« Reply #16 on: November 22, 2013, 01:41:00 PM »

Unless I went to the wrong place,  I don't see any difference in structure from the VCA?  Same price.  Same 'benefits' ...which to me amount to nothing of worth.

I said it before, I'll say it again...you should be able to belong a local club exclusive of any national org.  ..Whether that be as an Associate Member or some other title. One should not be forced into a national organization before they can belong to their local club.

Fortunately, we are not part of any new group for 2014. We'll see what 2015 holds for direction.

Steve
RTTTTed
Owner
Administrator

Viper Nation - ezine
« Reply #17 on: November 22, 2013, 03:56:49 PM »

Interesting though.  Reported that 600+ signed up the first day and they exceeded the credit amount allowed to collect.  They're not accepting registrations until they redo the credit stuff. 

In would presume that the "buy membership numbers" and premium membership is helpful at the beginning, but since that is a Chris Marshall idea for scamming more money into his pocket I certainly hope that the new club is not going to be all about cash.  It's supposed to be about the SRT Viper and the members.  I don't have a problem if they ask for donations, but I don't want them getting carried away with MONEY.  It will hurt their chances of getting high Chrysler sponsorship help. 

1999 1200rwhp TT GTS - ART, 2001 Roe sc GTS- (4 sale), 440 Duster restomod (sold), 3x Stealth TTs, 92 Daytona IROC with T3, 580whp/1080wtq Cummins pickup.
ViperJeff
Administrator

Viper Registry
« Reply #18 on: November 22, 2013, 04:28:49 PM »

You know what they say about putting lipstick on a pig... wait.....what?

That was unfair.  i think we all knew that membership wasn't going to be a problem, neither was paying the same dues, I was certain that would be similar also.  Short term success is not a long term formula for sustainability.  I will be curious of the long term and see how this all plays out.  There is always the rubber band effect that justs kills start ups
“Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts.”
― Winston Churchill
eucharistos

« Reply #19 on: November 22, 2013, 11:29:50 PM »

stinks vjeff

you are as viper as anyone
ViperJeff
Administrator

Viper Registry
« Reply #20 on: November 23, 2013, 08:44:41 AM »

stinks vjeff

you are as viper as anyone

and I get just a little bit more infected with each Viper I document LOL

2001's will be done.... today
― Winston Churchill
RTTTTed
Owner
Administrator

Viper Nation - ezine
« Reply #21 on: November 23, 2013, 10:06:10 AM »

You should be able to join the local viper assoc as an associate member.  Talk to their president.  If national doesn't want their share of your money ...   :thankyouverymuch:
1999 1200rwhp TT GTS - ART, 2001 Roe sc GTS- (4 sale), 440 Duster restomod (sold), 3x Stealth TTs, 92 Daytona IROC with T3, 580whp/1080wtq Cummins pickup.
ViperJeff
Administrator

Viper Registry
« Reply #22 on: November 23, 2013, 11:59:42 AM »

There is no Viper Club in Utah
― Winston Churchill
RTTTTed
Owner
Administrator

Viper Nation - ezine
« Reply #23 on: November 23, 2013, 05:50:41 PM »

Start one!  There's at least You and Tim.   :P

Start a Mopar/SRT/Viper/Ram club there.
ViperJeff
Administrator

Viper Registry
« Reply #24 on: November 23, 2013, 06:20:58 PM »

Start one!  There's at least You and Tim.   :P

Start a Mopar/SRT/Viper/Ram club there.

I was President of the Mopars of Utah and built the SLCLX Message board.  Did events with both clubs and got them talking about working together which they now do on a regular basis..... 

No way in hell am I doing it again

I'll let Tim do that he at least has a Viper

Vj
― Winston Churchill
ViperJeff
Administrator

Viper Registry
« Reply #25 on: November 24, 2013, 06:11:44 PM »

Back on topic....

It's just gotten stupid now.  Glad I stopped posting when I did

As I sit here just shaking my head as the pigs from both sides wallow in the mud standing on principal and pride.  It was supposed to be a good honest discussion and I think everyone missed the point where the VOA leadership said no, it's up to the regions.  Now I hear there is a poll, just to lazy to go look, sure the RAM SRT-10 guys are getting blistered on that.  Just too funny.  Way to much drama for me.  It's just easier being un affiliated and I'm just going to stay that way.... damn....

― Winston Churchill
plumcrazy
Global Moderator

« Reply #26 on: November 26, 2013, 07:10:54 AM »

IMO, lots of ego getting in the way of a good discussion
ViperJeff
Administrator

Viper Registry
« Reply #27 on: November 26, 2013, 07:15:19 AM »

Yes sir
― Winston Churchill
RTTTTed
Owner
Administrator

Viper Nation - ezine
« Reply #28 on: November 26, 2013, 08:14:36 AM »

I've been too busy to follow VOA forums so I'm not up on what's happening there.  I am doing ok with the voa facebook page though.  Tried to join last few days but it's been cancelled so can't even pay by paypal since they shut the page down because of CC problems ...   
shooter_t1
« Reply #29 on: November 28, 2013, 04:51:38 AM »

Well,
I'm gonna wade into this, probably piss some people off that I like, but here goes. I have a lot of time for ViperJeff as I think he is a great guy and an even better asset to the Viper community. I have no problem with the SRT 10 truck guys being associate members of the VOA and I don't really understand why they wouldn't be. Now that being said.....deep breath, the Ram SRT 10 is a truck with a Viper motor in it, and of course some special equipment that the other trucks do not have...that still doesn't mean it's a Viper. A special truck yes, a Viper no. I don't care if it's faster then a Gen 1 car, or that with a good amount of tweaking and some mods, it can make its way safely around a road course....it's not a Viper. A bigger cousin perhaps, with some shared DNA, but not a Viper.

If the Houston VOA has an event and some dudes show up with Ram SRT 10's, then great. I will love to check the trucks out and welcome the knowledge and enthusiasm we share for these badass vehicles we own.

And if the regions put it to vote, and it is decided that the trucks get full membership, I will abide by the majority vote. I'm not going to throw a snit and snub the fellow club members, I'll just agree to disagree and carry on enjoying our vehicles.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Go Up Print 
« previous next »

SMF 2.0.2 | SMF © 2011, Simple Machines | Theme by nesianstyles | Buttons by Andrea