The VIPER Garage
User Info
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 18, 2018, 02:21:37 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
News
Pick Your ViperGarage Theme
Forum Stats
24611 Posts in 1933 Topics by 817 Members
Latest Member: arnytt
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
The VIPER Garage  |  VCA topics  |  Viper Owners Association  |  Well, I've seen all I need to
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Well, I've seen all I need to  (Read 5553 times)
ViperJeff
Administrator

Viper Registry
« Reply #30 on: November 28, 2013, 08:33:12 AM »

Actually you are right.....

and this is the way I feel..

Some Clarification and Original intent RAM SRT-10

Lets walk this back a few months and look at what happened (my point of view)

Ohio Vipers Club was having an annual Halloween GTG and I ask Randall if some Viper Truck Owners could attend, and he said yes, would be happy to have them.

After the successful event in Ohio.....

The initial intent was to see if it was possible to have GTG/Events around the country (world) where both the Viper and RAM SRT-10 could attend as a group. It was brought up that RAM SRT-10 owners would need to be a associate member for that to happen....

In that question I did not consider that the RAM SRT-10 folks would become a full fledged member of any Viper Club.

which has lead us to this point.... confusion and non intended expectations

My opinion only, I don't think as a RAM SRT-10 guy would I find it beneficial at any point to being a National Member of the Viper Owners Association. So back to the original question to Randall and for the most part, any local Viper Club around the world......

Do you see a time where the Viper Truck Club and the Vipers Owners Association could attend events and GTG's together? (not all, just selected events)

That was the real question. I would bet that Randall thought the same thing when I originally asked and not this blown out of proportion discussion we've been having. Personally I thought the poll just made it worse as the VOA Leadership had already answered every question to satisfaction.

I do more to further the brand than most and surely not as much as others. Through questions and answers I got the appropriate answers each time. I will have to admit, I may not have agreed with some of them, however, I accepted it for the reasons given. This is no different. Don't make this harder than it has to be and I'm asking this of the RAM SRT-10 guys. The alienation of the VOA isn't going to get us anywhere, accepting their decisions and working with the local Viper Clubs is a plus.

As a RAM SRT-10 Guy, I know there is very little I can offer here to improve the community at large, but I can sure make it worse by being an ass, the Viper Community already has their fair share of those so I won't be an ass and make it worse on those that are trying to build, I would hope others would feel the same

I leave you to your own thoughts

Have a Great Day

Vj

I'm not completely blind to what I read and like I said, I do understand and get it.... LOL  This is one of those cases where I know the request was over reached, but I think it was a good thing.  If we can put RAM SRT-10's and VIPER's on the same piece of asphalt or grass and have a fun day, that's a plus, Completely separate clubs, working together from time to time, just having fun.  Thank You Shooter, appreciate the props.  I think in time as my list becomes a little bit more complete I can take the mystery out of some of the questions the numbers guys might have.  Right now, still a little thin

Vj
“Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts.”
― Winston Churchill
RTTTTed
Owner
Administrator

Viper Nation - ezine
« Reply #31 on: November 28, 2013, 11:37:02 AM »

Am I missing something?  Are all non-members banned from attending VOA events?  Chris Marshall wrote bylaws that banned non-members from attending any VCA events.  He didn't realize that good friends don't like being told who they are allowed to hang around with.  I never heard that this club was banning non-members from events.

I see absolutely no reason that SRT, SRT10s Kcars and even Chevs couldn't come to a club event ...  The way to attract new members to the club would be to invite non-members to an event so they can meet all the great people in the club and find new friends.  Viper, vette, Porsche, Mopar and even chevy people are where the interest in a car club resides - in the people, not just one exclusive car.  Inviting the ZR1 vettes to come and play is how we (as a Viper Club) can sell more Vipers and show people hwo well they perform.

Some clarification may be needed for this ...
1999 1200rwhp TT GTS - ART, 2001 Roe sc GTS- (4 sale), 440 Duster restomod (sold), 3x Stealth TTs, 92 Daytona IROC with T3, 580whp/1080wtq Cummins pickup.
ViperJeff
Administrator

Viper Registry
« Reply #32 on: November 28, 2013, 12:29:27 PM »

The way I understood it, National events are only for National Dues paying members because of insurance reasons...
“Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts.”
― Winston Churchill
Pages: 1 2 [3] Go Up Print 
« previous next »

SMF 2.0.2 | SMF © 2011, Simple Machines | Theme by nesianstyles | Buttons by Andrea