The VIPER Garage
User Info
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 23, 2018, 06:31:14 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
News
Welcome all new users to The Viper Garage - please read the site introduction in the Announcements
Pick Your ViperGarage Theme
Forum Stats
24622 Posts in 1936 Topics by 835 Members
Latest Member: viper007
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
The VIPER Garage  |  VCA topics  |  VCA threads  |  Trucks are welcome at VCA
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Trucks are welcome at VCA  (Read 2652 times)
Jax92

VCA Medal of Honor winner

« on: January 10, 2014, 03:29:07 PM »

Good for the VCA!!! Good for Viper Truck owners.  Good for Viper Jeff!!!

Forum Changes
Printable View
01-10-2014Nsane1
Forum Changes
We met today, and based on numerous requests we are deciding to make the following changes:

1) Per your multiple requests, we are undertaking the effort to place "Viper Owner" on the forums. This is a pretty substantial effort, so will take some time (we have to do some VIN work, some coding changes, etc.) So we will have 3 groups, member, owner, and enthusiast. Related to this, we have decided to keep the regional forums as a member-only benefit. I realize this is not what many of you want, maybe down the road this can change, but right now, we have decided to keep some benefits for the benefits of members. I should add, this is not a new thing, it's always been that way, but true, we've never had this many former-members either.

2) After much debate (in some cases years), we have decided to open VCA membership to Viper trucks. Please know this is a HUGE change from a process and procedures (and website) perspective. So this will take some time. Some may not like it (they're not Vipers), but our mission is to support Viper owners, and I can think of NO better way to sell Vipers is to invite people who already have the passion (look they got a Viper Truck), and show them what a great time we have in our Vipers. So perhaps this will get them to "graduate" to Viper ownership, this helps SRT, and all of us as Viper owners. It also fits in with our spirit of being inclusive and passionate about car-crazy people. This is more of a stay-tuned announcement, as we have other things brewing like the new raffle car (expect an announcement in a few weeks, and YES it will be COMPLETELY above-board, and totally different than what we've done before) big changes at VPA, (yes in addition to what you've heard already around the new GM), so we have a lot of cool stuff coming.

Watch this forum for details on Daytona, being posted by Cathy soon. Everyone is invited to support SRT, and we would love to discuss our future.

Greg
« Last Edit: January 10, 2014, 04:52:47 PM by Jax92 » Logged
ViperJeff
Administrator

Viper Registry
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2014, 04:18:39 PM »

Yea, I saw that, I posted it over on the Board Thread on The Viper Truck Club.

This shall be interesting to follow to see how it works out. 
“Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts.”
― Winston Churchill
Sybil TF

« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2014, 05:44:16 PM »

What about the banned/moderated people? Any word?
You know who!
ViperJeff
Administrator

Viper Registry
« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2014, 06:05:18 PM »

1.  I guess it would depend on why someone was banned
2.  If that person is important enough to unban
3.  Did it happen so long ago, they've completely forgotten about you?
&
4.  Do you really want to go back or just be unbanned so you can be banned again?  LOL
“Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts.”
― Winston Churchill
Sybil TF

« Reply #4 on: January 10, 2014, 06:09:20 PM »

4.  Do you really want to go back or just be unbanned so you can be banned again?  LOL
Ok, you got me....

You know who!
ViperJeff
Administrator

Viper Registry
« Reply #5 on: January 10, 2014, 06:20:28 PM »

Ok, you got me....

OK ..... Laughed Out Loud.  I put that in as a joke, didn't know it was that close to reality :lol:

Wonder if Ted will dis own me if I spend more time on the VCA  :eatspopcorn: seeing if I can advance the Registry

Mudd :lol:
― Winston Churchill
Sybil TF

« Reply #6 on: January 11, 2014, 09:24:10 AM »

Hey Jax, tell Sundiego in the "Smells like Desperation" thread on the Alley I said he can blow it out his ass!
You know who!
daytonprowler

« Reply #7 on: January 11, 2014, 09:30:32 AM »

They flip flopped this morning:

http://forums.viperclub.org/threads/669939-Forum-Changes?p=3237483&viewfull=1#post3237483
Sybil TF

« Reply #8 on: January 11, 2014, 09:55:10 AM »

What a crappy thing to do.
You know who!
ViperJeff
Administrator

Viper Registry
« Reply #9 on: January 11, 2014, 10:29:45 AM »

Actually, it didn't bother me a bit and I have posted to that point.  The timing was interesting now that the Viper Truck Club has a President, Vice President, Treasurer and a small group as the Board of Directors.  Currently working on a 501 (c)(7) and some Bylaws.  We have been working on and with contacts within Dodge/SRT and hope over the next few months and a few SRT Events we become an active part of the SRT Heritage.  Lots of things going on and it's just going to get harder as we build.  We didn't have local clubs to lean on for support.  Building this from the ground up.  I think biggest worry for the majority of us that are putting this together is the mistakes we know we will make in the process.

With all that is going on, it will still be fun to watch
Vj
― Winston Churchill
daytonprowler

« Reply #10 on: January 11, 2014, 11:40:47 AM »

Yes it was a crappy thing to do.

Eventhough it was voted down at the VOA (I was for it)..... if there is anything we can assist you with at the VTCoA, the VOA is glad to help. You know where I'm at. :)

Regards,

Randall   
ViperJeff
Administrator

Viper Registry
« Reply #11 on: January 11, 2014, 11:59:26 AM »

Thanks Randall.

I think most of the Viper Truck guys have given up on the VOA.  With that said, the OVC is a completely different story.  The OVC gets a great deal of props.
― Winston Churchill
ViperJeff
Administrator

Viper Registry
« Reply #12 on: January 18, 2014, 07:31:10 PM »

it's over

Well, I just pulled up a plate of crow here, time to dig in.

Apologies for the jump-of-the-gun, we won't be adding Viper Trucks, the poll was pretty overwhelming, but what you didn't see is all the members who do not have forum access (most of our members don't seem to care about the forums weirdly enough), so we got calls, and emails, and these were 100% against (I guess if they took the trouble to call, they were animated) in addition to the calls for "I will cancel my membership".

So... It was a good experiment at a good time. I'm going to reach out to my local Viper Truck club and see if they can come to an appropriate event, I still believe Viper passion can cross the car/truck barrier, and I hope some of you guys will show these guys a good time down the road.

I also don't see that "Owner" has been rolled out, so let me check status there. Thanks everyone for weighing in...

It's OK and I said as much on the thread.  Even I didn't think it was a good idea and that's pretty bad.

So Ted, you going to disown me for helping the VCA?

― Winston Churchill
ViperJeff
Administrator

Viper Registry
« Reply #13 on: January 18, 2014, 07:52:09 PM »

But then again, the paranoia might just keep me out of it all together (as just seen on the VCA). 

why do I try........
― Winston Churchill
RTTTTed
Owner
Administrator

Viper Nation - ezine
« Reply #14 on: January 18, 2014, 09:32:51 PM »

Lots of Viper owners also own a Viper Truck, just ask Clint about his Paxton sc'd 650hp straight cab SRT10 truck.  It's parked with his 99 GTS and Paxton sc'd 800hp Copperhead Viper SRT. 
1999 1200rwhp TT GTS - ART, 2001 Roe sc GTS- (4 sale), 440 Duster restomod (sold), 3x Stealth TTs, 92 Daytona IROC with T3, 580whp/1080wtq Cummins pickup.
Pages: [1] 2 Go Up Print 
« previous next »

SMF 2.0.2 | SMF © 2011, Simple Machines | Theme by nesianstyles | Buttons by Andrea