The VIPER Garage
User Info
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 20, 2018, 06:13:44 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
News
Pick Your ViperGarage Theme
Forum Stats
24622 Posts in 1936 Topics by 835 Members
Latest Member: viper007
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
The VIPER Garage  |  Generation-specific Viper Forums  |  Viper Trucks  |  The Trainman is Coming
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: The Trainman is Coming  (Read 942 times)
ViperJeff
Administrator

Viper Registry
« on: April 19, 2014, 07:54:01 AM »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ue1jTs6c-Nc
“Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts.”
― Winston Churchill
RTTTTed
Owner
Administrator

Viper Nation - ezine
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2014, 11:04:50 PM »

He has a long ways to go starting from under 490whp  I didn't catch the brand of heads?  They looked like Gen 4 (not intake, inject, v covers, coils etc though) so could they be Strikers?  IS it getting a decent camshaft?  There are several Alberta trucks with big power and a few with Striker heads.
1999 1200rwhp TT GTS - ART, 2001 Roe sc GTS- (4 sale), 440 Duster restomod (sold), 3x Stealth TTs, 92 Daytona IROC with T3, 580whp/1080wtq Cummins pickup.
ViperJeff
Administrator

Viper Registry
« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2014, 07:43:25 AM »

As I learn more I'll pass it on
“Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts.”
― Winston Churchill
ViperJeff
Administrator

Viper Registry
« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2014, 08:02:00 AM »

Current Configuration:

Pure stock internally, never had the valve covers off. However it does have a ported intake, JTS Venom TB, JTS Venom coils, Mofo headers (similar to a Belanger), underdrive pulley, catless true dual equal length exhaust with an x-pipe and twin Borla race mufflers, and a Chris Jensen tune. Those runs on the dyno were with the mild 91 octane street tune, I also have a 91-100 and a 91-109 race gas tune available. Pure stock this truck (back in 2004) on a different dyno made 415 rwhp and 433 lbft at the wheels. The truck currently has 68,250 miles.

Some of the items being done:

Hopefully a couple of months. According to Todd, 1 week for the block once its ready to machine and we receive the wet liners from Darton, 5-6 weeks to order custom pistons, possibly the same or a little longer for the cam ( 248-256, .720 on a 112 solid roller), but it's been ordered. Just to be safe, maybe by the end of August. We're hoping we can find a shop with an engine dyno(there is a shop building one right now, set up for the V-10 Viper engine) for break in a tuning before installing in the truck.

Heads and Cam, Custom Intake.....coming

Spoke with Greg Good last night, got the OK to send some heads to be ported. Ordered (today) a pair of bare Gen IV heads ($500.00 each) from Brian Jones Automotive. Being shipped directly to Greg Good for porting and custom valves. All the design and specs will be per Greg Good, the cam will be a Solid Roller, and the special sheet metal intake will be fabricated by Justin JMB per the specs (runner length, taper, plenum volume , etc.) from Greg Good. Install will be handled by Todd Abrams in Temecula, Chris Jensen will do the tuning and injector sizing. I also will be ordering a set of ARH 5 into 1 longtubes with GEN IV flanges and 1 7/8" tubes.
 I will provide further specs (valve sizes, cam specs, injector size, etc.) as info becomes available to me. No secrets here. I will be running the SRT-10 this weekend , probably for the last time on the stock engine. In a few weeks I will be having shoulder surgery (rightside) and will not be able to power shift for a few months, so now is as good a time as any to do this build.
 My engine has just over 65,000 miles and several hundred passes down the 1/4 mile. I will try these new heads and cam on the stock block, see what we can make with stock compression, then I will rebuild the bottom end and raise the compression to 10.5-11.0 to 1.
 The truck will still be street driven and should be a real blast.....I'm hoping to surprise a few Corvette ZR1's, Z06's and some Shelby GT500's....with my "STOCK" truck. I will always be NA, so no worries there. I hope all this information we will be gathering will be helpful to everyone on here.
 Oh....I almost forgot......Ironhead, keep your strikers, I got tired of waiting by the mailbox.....promises broken......and since you are keeping them so selfishly, take the darn truck out to the track and give us some numbers at least....so we can see what strikers will do! 
« Last Edit: April 20, 2014, 08:05:55 AM by ViperJeff » Logged
― Winston Churchill
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »

SMF 2.0.2 | SMF © 2011, Simple Machines | Theme by nesianstyles | Buttons by Andrea