The VIPER Garage
User Info
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
January 18, 2018, 04:56:44 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
News
Welcome to the updated Viper Garage.  We look forward to exchanging stories, events, tech info, pictures and fun.  Welcome to our humble Viper Home
Pick Your ViperGarage Theme
Forum Stats
24598 Posts in 1931 Topics by 788 Members
Latest Member: Blitz8282
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
The VIPER Garage  |  Generation-specific Viper Forums  |  RT/10 & GTS Viper Discussions  |  Project CopperHead
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Project CopperHead  (Read 3382 times)
RTTTTed
Owner
Administrator

Viper Nation - ezine
« Reply #30 on: June 16, 2014, 01:18:28 AM »

I don't know how much money - all I heard from everyone was that it was a high dollar car and it never ran correctly.  You figured out and fixed that problem. 

I ran my car with ordinary U joints and after smashing a Ujoint every run over 130mph I learned to buy the correct Ujoints so I've had my fun too.  I ran the mile at RtB and changed out a Ujoint then ran part of the 2 mile and the shaking made me quit - turned out most of that was another Ujoint.  The next event was SSCC and the half mile was scary so I quit that early and shut down sooner (won fastest but was 5mph slower than previous year).  I bought and changed an axle (not the problem).  Found out later that the problem was a bent HRE wheel ... which I had straightened.  I'd hoped for 186 - 190mph at 6500' altitude last May but couldn't find a navigator so I didn't run.  I changed the Vec program and added 3 degrees advance and hoped the Drag strip would show me some improvement, but after the drag strip runs the fuel pump failed and I had to tow the car home.  Couldn't tell if I'd gain 40-50whp or not.  I found the fuel pump prefilter was clogged, not the fuel pump so I have to assume that the nearly plugged pre-pump filter must have caused a power loss at the end of the quarter mile resulting in the smoke clouds I saw behind my car as I went over the finish line. 

Joel blew transmission and then a differential last week so all three of us have been fighting weak spots in out cars and now we merely need a few adjustments for all our cars to be the fastest they've ever been?   :D

What's you test and tune date for July?  I'll see that Jeff gets the info in case he can make it out to help/watch you run.  Best of luck there.  I'm hoping everything goes well.

1999 1200rwhp TT GTS - ART, 2001 Roe sc GTS- (4 sale), 440 Duster restomod (sold), 3x Stealth TTs, 92 Daytona IROC with T3, 580whp/1080wtq Cummins pickup.
Adrnln

beat on it like its your little brother !

« Reply #31 on: June 16, 2014, 09:08:05 AM »

Thats racing , keep sorting and breaking untill all the weak links are gone . I saw Joels carrier picture, shattered that spider gear , pretty common failure on the 44s , I would like to go to a spool in mine for that reason not a good idea for a street driven car though .
Jeff is more than welcome to join us  , its a no spectator / private event so he would  have to get ahold of me so we can bring him in as crew .
Glad to hear Steve approved of the parachute , have you ordered a pack for it yet ?
RTTTTed
Owner
Administrator

Viper Nation - ezine
« Reply #32 on: June 16, 2014, 11:02:37 PM »

Not yet.  I have my HRB for installing once I get home. 

I went and visited Doug Seal at Willowbrook Chrysler (Langley) where Doug has 3 or 4 Gen 5 Vipers.  One has a couple miles on it (3,000kms) and he allowed me to drive it around the block.  Nice!  Good power, like the exhaust sound, etc.  Had a great visit and Doug has a dozen Vipers at his Dealership.  Couple of Prowlers, 12 second Mini Van, 440 T bucket, etc.  That was great .  Thanks Doug!

C-note was accomidating and invited me Friday night.  We went to Seattle Mecum auction Sat morning and watched them sell off a hundred cars or so.  some exceptional cars there and some junk.  The 1 of 2 71 Hemi 'cuda fourspeed car sold for $3,500,000.  A rare corvette didn't make reserve bid of 4,000,000.  We were waiting to see the results of a 8-72 Gimmy 440 roadrunner.  Exceptionally nice 700whp Road Runner.  We also talked to the owner of an exceptional 1600(?)whp Camaro that had a reserve of $500,000.  We watched a roach of a 70 Charger R/T bid up to $32000 (we figured that the car was worth about $20,000) and the bidnwas refused with a reserve of $45,000.  Car was terrible.  $20,000 paint job was straight, but had 440 ci misspelled on hood and steel panels welded into visible areas of the floor, wouldn't idle etc.

Anyway, I packed up my stuff in Clint's garage and drove north.  No "ripoff" fees as I crossed the border and they never charged me "Pre-disposal Tire fees" of $50 for the ten tires.  On my way home with my new clutch release hydraulic bearing to install, thanks Toddy.  Should be running and driving the car this week.

1999 1200rwhp TT GTS - ART, 2001 Roe sc GTS- (4 sale), 440 Duster restomod (sold), 3x Stealth TTs, 92 Daytona IROC with T3, 580whp/1080wtq Cummins pickup.
RTTTTed
Owner
Administrator

Viper Nation - ezine
« Reply #33 on: June 16, 2014, 11:09:07 PM »

Couldn't get any of my friends or son (in Fraser Valley) so I took my cousin Darren Hassell to New West and we went over Steve Green's car.  It's now owned by the welder/chassis builder/driver Steve's cousin Eric.  He showed us the radiator less cooling system, the driver's cold air vent, cooling pump system, chassia and weight systems, Body design and Reher Morrisson engine redesign to be able to run 8-9,000rpm for a few miles ...

Excellent and informative few hours and a great way to spend half a day.
Pages: 1 2 [3] Go Up Print 
« previous next »

SMF 2.0.2 | SMF © 2011, Simple Machines | Theme by nesianstyles | Buttons by Andrea