The VIPER Garage
User Info
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
January 18, 2018, 06:52:56 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
News
Welcome to the updated Viper Garage.  We look forward to exchanging stories, events, tech info, pictures and fun.  Welcome to our humble Viper Home
Pick Your ViperGarage Theme
Forum Stats
24598 Posts in 1931 Topics by 788 Members
Latest Member: Blitz8282
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
The VIPER Garage  |  Viper Racing Discussions  |  Acceleration Tests, Drags, Half and Mile tests  |  Joel Highsmith's Superbird runs 194mph at the Texas Mile
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Joel Highsmith's Superbird runs 194mph at the Texas Mile  (Read 541 times)
RTTTTed
Owner
Administrator

Viper Nation - ezine
« on: May 06, 2014, 04:16:14 PM »

with over 1000whp Joel's Challenger is now over 400cubic inches and 1000hp.  At the Texas Mile he ran 194mph.  Joel has probably spent a bunch of money adding speed to his superbird.  His engine already has a Keith Black Mamooth blower of 4.2L size sitting on top if his Hemi pushing 18psi boost.  He told me earlier that he has run as much as 26psi out of his watercooled Twin Screw blower.

He sent me an indication that he will be seeing me at the NORC/SSCC in a couple weeks.  I will be interested to see how Joel's hemi runs the Mile or Halfmile event.  His engine wasn't running correctly a couple years ago and he ran 3rd place to my second place in the Halfmile. (or was I fastest?).  His car wasn't running well at that time.  I've put bearings and rings as well as added to the head porting and I've had the ecu retuned by Chris Jensen since then.  At the last fall Mile event my sapphire (2.4L blower) GTS ran 181mph.  No tire warm up and at 6,500' alt.  The NHRA gives about 10% more speed and hp in their factor system from 5,200' to sea level.  10% would give me a 198mph in Texas without warming my tires.  The 10% was also about 1400' lower altitude than 6,500'!

I'm hoping that Joel and I get to compare runs.  All these events are learning experiences for me and allow comparative guesstimates for realism and "educated opinions" during bench racing.
1999 1200rwhp TT GTS - ART, 2001 Roe sc GTS- (4 sale), 440 Duster restomod (sold), 3x Stealth TTs, 92 Daytona IROC with T3, 580whp/1080wtq Cummins pickup.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »

SMF 2.0.2 | SMF © 2011, Simple Machines | Theme by nesianstyles | Buttons by Andrea