The VIPER Garage
User Info
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 19, 2018, 08:58:53 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
News
Welcome all new users to The Viper Garage - please read the site introduction in the Announcements
Pick Your ViperGarage Theme
Forum Stats
24611 Posts in 1933 Topics by 817 Members
Latest Member: arnytt
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
The VIPER Garage  |  Generation-specific Viper Forums  |  RT/10 & GTS Viper Discussions  |  Door hinge adjustment?
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Door hinge adjustment?  (Read 1212 times)
Sybil TF

« on: June 14, 2014, 04:52:17 PM »

Noticed that my doors, especially the passenger side lightly hangs up on the door panel when you shut the door. Are these adjustable or do you replace them?
You know who!
RTTTTed
Owner
Administrator

Viper Nation - ezine
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2014, 07:05:34 PM »

Go to How To and read the thread I wrote there.  Do not pay any attention to the Viper Magazine article that they wasted a page on.  That could make you lose the adjustment and make things worse.  "Loosen the bolts, Have a friend pick up the door and tighten the bolts" is NOT the correct way to adjust the door.  Take a felt pen and draw a line around the door hinge, loosen the bolts, adjust the door hinge slightly forward (according to your line and retighten the bolts.  Check the door closure.

Ted
1999 1200rwhp TT GTS - ART, 2001 Roe sc GTS- (4 sale), 440 Duster restomod (sold), 3x Stealth TTs, 92 Daytona IROC with T3, 580whp/1080wtq Cummins pickup.
Adrnln

beat on it like its your little brother !

« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2014, 08:31:59 PM »

I think i would use a pencil or machinists marker to outline anything on that nice blue paint !
Tape perhaps ?
Adrnln

beat on it like its your little brother !

« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2014, 09:46:59 PM »

Oh wait its black around the hinge ,i still wouldnt want to leave marks though .
Sybil TF

« Reply #4 on: June 15, 2014, 05:13:58 AM »

I don't even see the darn thing. I guess the front piece covers it and has to be removed?
You know who!
uvbnbit
AL/TN VCA President '07-'08,'09-'10 (the good ole days...kinda :D)

« Reply #5 on: June 15, 2014, 05:26:14 AM »

Yes. Hinge cover needs to be removed.  Some roll up a towel and place under door to hold it up too (for adjustment height after loosening bolts).  If you raise it too high, window won't close, so be careful on that too. 
This is something I been needing to do as well.  Common Gen2 issue on passenger door. 
The article in VOA mag makes it sound really simple, but always heard there's a bit more to it than that.
I may try the "easy" way first..... :D
Let us know how you do.
'98 RT/10.  Roe 6.5, Vec3, 1.7 H/S's, B&B exhaust, high flow cats, 3.33 gear, K&N's, Eibach's/caps...
Sybil TF

« Reply #6 on: June 15, 2014, 10:59:57 AM »

Good tip! I'll be sure to supervise it correctly lol...
You know who!
Sybil TF

« Reply #7 on: June 15, 2014, 01:38:24 PM »

Well that was easy! Mark with a black marker, placed a jack under door while open and loosen bolts slightly. Jack lightly and I mean lightly and watch the mark. Just a few mm or so. Done. No more hang!!
You know who!
RTTTTed
Owner
Administrator

Viper Nation - ezine
« Reply #8 on: June 16, 2014, 01:02:51 AM »

Perfect.  Like most people that had old classic cars I tried adjusting the door with a jack and the old cars worked perfect, but with the single hinge viper I tried adjusting door without n=marking hinge and wasted 4 hours but was lucky to get the door adjusted just as shitty as it was before I started when I gave up on it.  I figured out the marker and had it adjusted within 2 minutes after marking it. 
1999 1200rwhp TT GTS - ART, 2001 Roe sc GTS- (4 sale), 440 Duster restomod (sold), 3x Stealth TTs, 92 Daytona IROC with T3, 580whp/1080wtq Cummins pickup.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »

SMF 2.0.2 | SMF © 2011, Simple Machines | Theme by nesianstyles | Buttons by Andrea