The VIPER Garage
User Info
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
August 21, 2018, 09:25:17 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
News
Welcome to the updated Viper Garage.  We look forward to exchanging stories, events, tech info, pictures and fun.  Welcome to our humble Viper Home
Pick Your ViperGarage Theme
Forum Stats
24619 Posts in 1934 Topics by 826 Members
Latest Member: scottyv10
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
The VIPER Garage  |  Vendor Area  |  Viper Specialty Performance  |  VS-1500TTvc #001 Build Thread
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: VS-1500TTvc #001 Build Thread  (Read 3339 times)
Viper Specialty
Perfection. That is our only requirement.

Viper Specialty Performance - HOME
« on: June 12, 2011, 10:53:05 PM »

***Since I know that I am scarce around the web and limited on time to post these days, this build thread is a running update on the status of one of our new packages being brought to market. While it may differ from the standard offering based on customer requests and/or customer supplied parts, these threads illustrate what we are all about***

VS-1500TTvc:

Our newest and most extravagant package yet. Based on the Gen-3 VS-1500TT, this package will utilize a full Gen-4 based Drivetrain with Variable Camshaft technology, and the newest and most advanced engine management and data processing available at this time by way of Pectel Control Systems & Pi Research Data Acquisition Systems. The drivetrain will utilize a Tilton-VSP Heavyweight Carbon Multi-Plate Clutch, modified TR6060 transmission with corrected gear ratios, billet capped and studded Quaife Rear Differential w/ REM gears, and Mark Williams flanged CV-21 Half Shafts & Hubs. A new Weldon based fuel system will eliminate all fuel system issues on high horsepower cars, and simply maintenance by eliminating AN fittings where possible and replacing them with O-Ring Boss connections. The Twin Turbo system will be a completely new design, utilizing insulated dual-layer manifolds to keep the heat where it is supposed to be, water cooled wastegates, oil-less turbochargers, a completely new design dual air/water intercooler arrangement, and an all new Gen-4 based appearance package.

New VSP Products Involved:
-Gen-4 9/16 ARP Studs [By far stronger than Gen-2/3]
-Piston Cooling Oil Jets, Pressure Based {sorry, no pictures!}
-Gen-4 Crank Flange Bolt Upsizing
-Gen-4 Specific Forged Pistons
-Gen-4 "Long Rod" design
-New Design MLS Stopper Head Gaskets
-5-Axis CNC Billet DBW Throttle Bodies
-Pectel SQ6M12 w/Full Gen-4 DBW/Trac/Dual SBC/Full System monitors
-Pectel Secured Mounting System
-New Generation ICD Dash System
-New Generation Fuel System & Basket Design [Eliminates AN Fittings, overheating, pump pickup issues, and noise]
-New FPTS Fuel Pressure Regulator System designed for proper fuel correction use with Boosted Engines
-New Generation Modular Ball-Bearing TT System, Oil-less cartridges, Dual Air/Water Intercoolers, Water Cooled Wastegates
-New Gen-4 Based Engine Appearance Package Options
-MyGig Radio Conversion

« Last Edit: January 31, 2013, 06:32:01 AM by Viper Specialty » Logged
Dan Lesser, Owner
Viper Specialty Performance
www.ViperSpecialty.com
(716) 912-5336
RTTTTed
Owner
Administrator

Viper Nation - ezine
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2011, 07:18:17 PM »

Pretty, looks top quality.
1999 1200rwhp TT GTS - ART, 2001 Roe sc GTS- (4 sale), 440 Duster restomod (sold), 3x Stealth TTs, 92 Daytona IROC with T3, 580whp/1080wtq Cummins pickup.
Viper Specialty

« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2011, 09:54:28 PM »

Pictures Updated
Dan Lesser, Owner
www.ViperSpecialty.com
(716) 912-5336
RTTTTed
Owner
Administrator

Viper Nation - ezine
« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2011, 11:06:59 PM »

I like all of it, but only have 2 questions ...

Are the wheels carbon fiber or just gotten decals?

Going to bring one of those monsters out to take a shot at 2012 Race the Base Top Speed Challenge?
1999 1200rwhp TT GTS - ART, 2001 Roe sc GTS- (4 sale), 440 Duster restomod (sold), 3x Stealth TTs, 92 Daytona IROC with T3, 580whp/1080wtq Cummins pickup.
Viper Specialty

« Reply #4 on: July 12, 2011, 04:02:04 PM »

-Yes, wheel lips are Carbon, albeit bonded to aluminum. They do not stick on/come off or anything, they are bonded in manufacturing.

-Nope, no interest in records really. If one of my customers wants to go for one, sure... but I am not going to do it on my dime, I have a business that needs to be expanded, severely.
Dan Lesser, Owner
www.ViperSpecialty.com
(716) 912-5336
RTTTTed
Owner
Administrator

Viper Nation - ezine
« Reply #5 on: July 12, 2011, 08:06:15 PM »

You gotta admit Dan, owning a world record would give you Kudos.  SVS and UGR got theirs that way. 

Viper Specialty

« Reply #6 on: July 13, 2011, 10:22:54 AM »

While thats true, its a whole new ballgame these days.

Back when they {started} setting their records, these cars were just starting to get fast, and it was a lot cheaper to "be in the game". Now, they are so fast on unlimited budgets, that you don't have much of a prayer short of a 150-250K purpose built car. That's all fine and good, but that's what it would cost me to put up the new building I need oh-so-badly. What is going to do more for me? a record in a market that is loaded with deep pockets and nut-swingers galore, or a new building so I can actually stop turning away work for a change?
Dan Lesser, Owner
www.ViperSpecialty.com
(716) 912-5336
RTTTTed
Owner
Administrator

Viper Nation - ezine
« Reply #7 on: July 13, 2011, 10:37:53 AM »

I agree with you, but sponsor one of your customers that has great driving ability AND already paid the $150K for you to build the car.  He gets the record in the car that YOU built. 

You could go along and keep the tune optimized and be support for the weekend to make sure everything goes well.  His record is your record - you know what I mean?

Although my input wouldn't be building, tuning or money ... if I can convice a world class Viper to come to Cold Lake AFB and kick ass then I partake of the victory only in that I also own the World's Fastest Car (Viper). 

Ted
Viper Specialty

« Reply #8 on: July 13, 2011, 01:00:25 PM »

Ted, the problem is, you aren't looking at this from a business owner standpoint. I have limited resources and not enough room right now. Should I be spending my time building cars that maximize my profits so I can expand, or be wasting my time with a sponsored car that nets me little income, eats up my time, takes up my space, and gains me a rush of customers that I don't yet have the resources to handle? No matter what, it is absolutely not the best move I can make right now by any stretch of the imagination. Its one thing for a company like UGR that has almost a decade of growth on my business, equipment paid off, and employees, room, and money to burn... but that's not me yet.

Not to mention, I have to have the customer who wants to go for the record first. As it sits, my "$$$" customers are a different crop of people, and dont have much interest as far as I can tell in taking over the world one race at a time, or at least, not in that kind of racing. They enjoy their cars far too much to destroy them in the name of a record. On the same note, this prototype car in this thread is technically mine, and is being purpose built as a prototype demo car for new package designs and options, coupled with the other two cars in this section to display "what we can do". While the other two are customer cars and they can do as they please, I personally would have to be out of my mind to take racing risks with this particular car. It is the only build of this type, and would be a nightmare to try and duplicate again for anyone other than a customer who is footing the bill, because it kills my time and resources to build one of these. Insurance doesn't extend to race tracks, and its just absolutely not a risk I am willing to take. Remember, if I destroy OUR car, we foot the bill. If a customer destroys THEIR car, we GIVE THEM the bill...
« Last Edit: July 13, 2011, 01:09:32 PM by Viper Specialty » Logged
Dan Lesser, Owner
www.ViperSpecialty.com
(716) 912-5336
RTTTTed
Owner
Administrator

Viper Nation - ezine
« Reply #9 on: July 13, 2011, 01:38:53 PM »

I see your points

- except that no insurance covers you when breaking the laws (as in speeds higher than 70mph void your insurance.  A sanctioned event with safety equip of the military ambulances standing by etc. should be able to get insurance coverage?

This isn't even a drag strip.  It's about a 3 mile military runway. 

At the last Race the Base there was a Mustang Shelby GT500 that lost oil pressure (guage?). and a Saleen S7 that came out with a bad tune (?) and hurt the engine.  No one else even had a breakdown.  All cars got 2 test runs and 2 time trials.  There was 82 exotic cars represented.  Last year any of you cars should have won and been the world record holder. 

The World's Fastest Ferrari Enzo is only 900hp and he retained his title with a 367kph run and a Nitrous 900rwhp FGT was second at about 350kph.  Best Viper had to offer was darryl's n/a GTS land speed car (316kph) and Louie's Paxton 650rwhp SRT (307kph).  http://vipernation.com/?p=665

Problem is that (as seen on dozens of youtube.com vids) Zahir lost to the F-18 and he's vowed (on another youtube vid) that he's going to come back with "the world's fasest accelerating car.  With more than $2,000,000 into his Enzo, I can't even imagine what he has planned for the 2012 RtB. 

Darryl has a 2600rwhp blown alcohol Hemi Funny car (Outlaw Viper body) that he's thinking of downgrading to 1600rwhp for the RtB.  That would be spectacular!
Viper Specialty

« Reply #10 on: July 13, 2011, 02:46:48 PM »

Insurance absolutely will cover you when you are speeding- the fine line is when you are under the influence, or evading capture, drugs, etc... and they still have to cover the liability in any case as far as I know. However, no, standard insurance will NEVER cover you for any type of a TIMED event. A sanctioned LEARNING event with proper safety equipment is OK, but no, not when timed. You can of course buy "racing insurance" ... but you might drop dead from shock when you find out how expensive it is.

Flat out, it doesn't matter where you are or how it happens, if you are racing on a timed strip/course, etc... you are considered racing.

Dan Lesser, Owner
www.ViperSpecialty.com
(716) 912-5336
RTTTTed
Owner
Administrator

Viper Nation - ezine
« Reply #11 on: July 13, 2011, 03:23:07 PM »

That being the case you might be good.  Here you're legally going as fast as you want.  No time, just speed.

Nobody running beside you, nothing to hit.  Just accerate, then decelerate.  Only 17 vehicles managed over 300kph/180mph in the 1.8 mi. 

Perhaps the instructors in every car made the event a "Driver's Education" event?  The one Instructor I spoke with said he drove Vipers for Oreca back in the mid 90s.

Filet Mignon, stuffed mushrooms and Tiger Prawns in the Army tent - it was unbelieveable. 

There was a 1000TT Hefner Gallardo (?) there as well.  Maybe he got 3rd???
Viper Specialty

« Reply #12 on: August 12, 2011, 12:43:20 AM »

Updated
Dan Lesser, Owner
www.ViperSpecialty.com
(716) 912-5336
Viper Specialty

« Reply #13 on: March 05, 2012, 10:11:29 PM »

Updated again. Redesigned a number of systems and moved them from prototype to production. Some examples include oil lines, wiring harness, Pectel mount, thermostat & brace finishes, aux crank trigger, etc.
Dan Lesser, Owner
www.ViperSpecialty.com
(716) 912-5336
eucharistos

« Reply #14 on: March 06, 2012, 09:51:32 PM »

great build and thanks for the pics and updates

looking fwd to future developments

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »

SMF 2.0.2 | SMF © 2011, Simple Machines | Theme by nesianstyles | Buttons by Andrea