The VIPER Garage
User Info
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
December 14, 2018, 09:06:16 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
News
Welcome all new users to The Viper Garage - please read the site introduction in the Announcements
Pick Your ViperGarage Theme
Forum Stats
24622 Posts in 1936 Topics by 842 Members
Latest Member: XEvilBestSaw
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
The VIPER Garage  |  Generation-specific Viper Forums  |  RT/10 & GTS Viper Discussions  |  Front mount twin turbo all out build
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Front mount twin turbo all out build  (Read 8822 times)
jtin

« Reply #15 on: July 30, 2015, 02:48:50 PM »

This is the 01 abs front hubs I had to go to for running the traction control. On the rear I have DSS axles that accept the tone rings from any 03 viper cv. Press off and press on.

New oil filter location. Also about 35% larger than stock.

« Last Edit: February 11, 2017, 09:15:42 PM by jtin » Logged
RTTTTed
Owner
Administrator

Viper Nation - ezine
« Reply #16 on: August 03, 2015, 12:37:18 AM »

:2thumbsup:  Mega work Joel.  Good thing you're also a fabricator.

Did you wrap all the exhaust components in the engine compartment? 
1999 1200rwhp TT GTS - ART, 2001 Roe sc GTS- (4 sale), 440 Duster restomod (sold), 3x Stealth TTs, 92 Daytona IROC with T3, 580whp/1080wtq Cummins pickup.
jtin

« Reply #17 on: August 03, 2015, 07:11:00 AM »

I originally intended for ceramic coating it all but ran out of time.  The Problem with the wrap is that is eventually get really brital and powders up the engine bay
jtin

« Reply #18 on: August 25, 2015, 01:54:19 PM »

The way the diff gets bolted up just simply cant be compared to the stock diff. It also has a support for the tip of the pinion as well.

Axle hubs stock vs DSS

« Last Edit: August 25, 2015, 01:57:56 PM by jtin » Logged
jtin

« Reply #19 on: August 25, 2015, 02:14:07 PM »

Powder coating

Engine assembly

Pressure testing intake for leaks

Dry sump pan and timing cover installed

jtin

« Reply #20 on: August 25, 2015, 02:28:17 PM »

Custom built rad with internal oil cooler built into the end tank, as well as custom A/C condensor

jtin

« Reply #21 on: August 25, 2015, 02:39:19 PM »

4" Side exhaust

ViperJeff
Administrator

Viper Registry
« Reply #22 on: August 25, 2015, 06:46:00 PM »

Damn.................................
“Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts.”
― Winston Churchill
RTTTTed
Owner
Administrator

Viper Nation - ezine
« Reply #23 on: August 27, 2015, 12:53:34 PM »

:2thumbsup:  A thing of beauty!
1999 1200rwhp TT GTS - ART, 2001 Roe sc GTS- (4 sale), 440 Duster restomod (sold), 3x Stealth TTs, 92 Daytona IROC with T3, 580whp/1080wtq Cummins pickup.
ZZ SRT

« Reply #24 on: September 30, 2015, 10:36:25 AM »

Nice Job!

One thing to keep an eye on, as the exhaust thermall expands, it will get longer and want to push against the back of your cutout in the rocker panel.

You may have to create a little more space at the back so you don't burn up the paint.
jtin

« Reply #25 on: September 30, 2015, 11:06:24 AM »

Good to know. Thanks for the tip.
Sybil TF

« Reply #26 on: October 08, 2015, 12:31:21 PM »

Wow that is Bad Ass!!! Very cool!
You know who!
RTTTTed
Owner
Administrator

Viper Nation - ezine
« Reply #27 on: October 10, 2015, 12:28:15 PM »

The car is coming along.  Street driving and working out the bugs.  Makes 8psi boost on launch control and more than that during driving.  Too bad the summer events (drag strips) are finished for the year. 

https://www.facebook.com/joel.fortin.1023/videos/10153010530212003/       
jtin

« Reply #28 on: December 31, 2015, 06:44:43 PM »

Been awhile since I've updated this tread. A lot has happened since, many things I've learned as well. Again I'll just post a few pictures as I go.

The overall new set up has done very well with the original goal. The spool has increased by a solid 1000 rpms, the water temps were amazing up until the last day I drove it, (I'm thinking the fans were not coming on as it only heated up at an idle) it actually took forever to get it up to temperature. Air intake temps were much better tho I think I can do minor things to improve it as well. Very happy with the air filters. Nice and big with zero restrictions, and they are staying clean. What an improvement again. The drysump oiling did wonders for my engine, best money I've ever spent. Wish I did it 5 years ago. The diff runs just like stock. So no improvements there other than a major strength gain in every department. My only complaint is the extra 50 lbs in weights.

The things that went sour are as follows. The infinity box was no good from day one. It left me in a real brain buster costing me some serious time, labor and money. I sent the harness back to rsi to get tested, the box to aem to get bench tested and sure enough the box was bad. I did a ton of wiring on my car during the build so I didn't know who to point the finger at including myself. Ended up getting box repaired and went with nth moto harness for possible tuning reasons in the future. Once I installed there harness on with repaired box everything fired up as it should have. Was sure nice to finally hear the car run on all 10 on time. The car still sounded a little off but I knew it was close to being right. Started looking for mechanicals issues and found a pushrod that was sitting on the lifter face and not in the seat keeping a valve slightly open. Fixed that issue within an hour and started it up. Bang it finally ran like it did before I started the build. What a feeling after 3 months of not knowing where to go. So after all this I have a fully loaded RSI harness on the shelf for sale if anyone is interested.

I was down to about 3 weeks left of driving to do before winter. Did as much testing as possible with minor tuning just to get an ideal of winter mods that I was going to need to do. Overall I'm super happy with most everything. Before putting the car away for the winter I went on a final 1000 mile road trip to visit my friend Ted. On the return trip home a roller on a lifter failed. Sending needle bearings in the oil system. Happy it happened just before parking it but pissed off that I need to replace pistons as I need to bore the block, and my dry sump pump needs a full rebuild as well. Other than that the rest seems mostly good.

The big 680 lift cam is OUT. Going back to lighter valve springs and the stock 708 cam. Hoping the cam will improve spool to offset the lost in top end power.

So on to some pics now. Ill try to keep this thing as updated as possible

« Last Edit: February 11, 2017, 09:25:09 PM by jtin » Logged
jtin

« Reply #29 on: December 31, 2015, 07:29:26 PM »

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6 Go Up Print 
« previous next »

SMF 2.0.2 | SMF © 2011, Simple Machines | Theme by nesianstyles | Buttons by Andrea