The VIPER Garage
User Info
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 17, 2019, 03:54:46 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
News
Welcome all new users to The Viper Garage - please read the site introduction in the Announcements
Pick Your ViperGarage Theme
Forum Stats
24628 Posts in 1941 Topics by 849 Members
Latest Member: SickGTS
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
The VIPER Garage  |  How To Instructions  |  Viper Parts, numbers, bulbs, specs and info  |  AEM Uego wideband sensors
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: AEM Uego wideband sensors  (Read 469 times)
RTTTTed
Owner
Administrator

Viper Nation - ezine
« on: August 09, 2015, 11:03:17 PM »

My TT GTS had a loose ball bearing and once in awhile it would let oil seep into the intake system, creating white smoke and occasissionally cause som missfire of the spark plugs at start up. 

I Spokane I drove about 6 miles down the road to clear the system out and get the engine to stop smoking.  Oil in the intake lowers the effective octane rating of the fuel and can cause detonation so I drove around Spokane gently until the smoke was gone.  Another side effect of burning oil and a rich mixture as well as running race gas is that damage and deposits cause the oxygen sensors get plugged and can't get proper readings.  In the case of an AEM PCM these are monitored to adjust and control the air/fuel mixture.  When my a/f guage started giving intermitten readings it was time to change out the wideband sensors in my TT GTS.

I went to an O'Riley's Auto parts store.  "Would those be the 1.4 or the 1.9 sensors?" I was asked.  I asked, "What's the difference?"  The answer was, "I don't know."  Pictures looked the same so ...  I didn't get any.

I tried another couple parts stores and got the same info, and questiion.  Mopac (racing) Auto Supply also has the same questions.

Here's the correct  part.  AEM electronic Wideband Uego sensor   30 - 2063    expensive and usually over $100
1999 1200rwhp TT GTS - ART, 2001 Roe sc GTS- (4 sale), 440 Duster restomod (sold), 3x Stealth TTs, 92 Daytona IROC with T3, 580whp/1080wtq Cummins pickup.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »

SMF 2.0.2 | SMF © 2011, Simple Machines | Theme by nesianstyles | Buttons by Andrea