The VIPER Garage
User Info
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 17, 2019, 03:36:34 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
News
Pick Your ViperGarage Theme
Forum Stats
24628 Posts in 1941 Topics by 849 Members
Latest Member: SickGTS
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
The VIPER Garage  |  How To Instructions  |  Viper Parts, numbers, bulbs, specs and info  |  KW and Freightliner for filters and exhaust (4`)
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: KW and Freightliner for filters and exhaust (4`)  (Read 537 times)
RTTTTed
Owner
Administrator

Viper Nation - ezine
« on: August 18, 2015, 10:52:48 AM »

Since all Semi truck dealerships are Cummins certified and Ram pickups use a SD Cummins `B`truck engine, the cheapest and best quality filters are available at Kendworth, Freightliner, Peterbuilt and Western Start dealerships and Truck Parts stores are the best place to find the best quality oil and fuel filters.

I took my Fram filter part numbers to Kenworth parts counter and left with a case of Premium quality oil fliters and a few 7 micron fuel filters.  Canadian Tire or other discount stores charge $23 to $29 for the cartridge.  Fram cheap filters are only designed for larger particulates and only 3,000miles between changes!  Fuel filters are 10 microns (at best) and $23 at Cdn Tire Store.  I went to Tek Truck parts and bought 4`exh, band clamps, elbows ($125) for my TT Viper exhaust and asked how much for a diesel fuel filter.  `7 or 10 microns,`he asked me.  Lifetime of your injectors is directly related to the amount of dirt in your fuel.  I bought a 7 micron fuel filter for $12.
1999 1200rwhp TT GTS - ART, 2001 Roe sc GTS- (4 sale), 440 Duster restomod (sold), 3x Stealth TTs, 92 Daytona IROC with T3, 580whp/1080wtq Cummins pickup.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »

SMF 2.0.2 | SMF © 2011, Simple Machines | Theme by nesianstyles | Buttons by Andrea