The VIPER Garage
User Info
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
August 18, 2018, 11:15:43 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
News
Welcome all new users to The Viper Garage - please read the site introduction in the Announcements
Pick Your ViperGarage Theme
Forum Stats
24619 Posts in 1934 Topics by 826 Members
Latest Member: scottyv10
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
The VIPER Garage  |  How To Instructions  |  Viper Parts, numbers, bulbs, specs and info  |  Viper spark plugs available at any Auto Parts store cheap
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Viper spark plugs available at any Auto Parts store cheap  (Read 490 times)
RTTTTed
Owner
Administrator

Viper Nation - ezine
« on: October 19, 2016, 02:28:20 PM »

Sparkplugs that actually fit in your engine and are NOT tapered or projected tips are nearly impossible to find in the real world.  Trying to buy cold plugs ... that won't damage my TT engine was an impossible task lately.  I got a set of strange looking NGK plugs that had no threads on the last 1/4" of steel body that would project into my combustion chamber when I bought a set of the only plugs that would fit into my V10 from the large partstores inventory.  I tried Autozone and they gave me a set of LONGER tapered seat spark plugs (didn't notice until I was a couple hundred miles down the road.  I got frustrated and emailed JonB/partsrack.com and asked if he could ship a set of plugs to Ely so they'd be there before me.  A cheap set of plugs with NO shipping charges is a waste of $27.98 if they don't fit into your engine or may burn a piston being too hot ...  JonB called me back and gave me part numbers for plugs

I remember when there was only Champion and Autolite plugs.  Heat ranges were designated by the last 2 numbers.  Now there are a zillion plugs and several dozen different types of plugs.  Partsmen don't know all of the codes and designations to all the different brands and styles.  I am upset that they would sell me plugs that stick a longer way into my combustion chamber than stock and could possibly damage the engine while pretending that they KNOW what they're selling me ... :mad:  Local partsman actually said that he didn't know.  Autozone 'expert' had no problem recommending the completely wrong plugs ...Don't 'test' wrong plugs.  Use the ones already in your engine, use the ones recommended by your Tuner (if you have one) or these worked great for me.  Thankyou!

NGK 4291 gapped at .028  .036" if normally aspirated

Running my 1400whp TT GTS I ran ZFR6F-11    Stock no 4291 gapped at .022"   These are 2 heat ranges colder than stock which is designated by the '6'   A '7' in the ID would designate 1 heat range colder than stock.  My Roe Viper came with NGKBKR7E gapped at .032"

Also shown is some YellowJacket pugs (Accel) and a spark plug wrench I found works best with the Gen 2 Vipers.

* 20161019_142038 (464x550).jpg (183.92 kB, 464x550 - viewed 78 times.)
1999 1200rwhp TT GTS - ART, 2001 Roe sc GTS- (4 sale), 440 Duster restomod (sold), 3x Stealth TTs, 92 Daytona IROC with T3, 580whp/1080wtq Cummins pickup.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »

SMF 2.0.2 | SMF © 2011, Simple Machines | Theme by nesianstyles | Buttons by Andrea