The VIPER Garage
User Info
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 26, 2018, 07:35:40 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
News
Pick Your ViperGarage Theme
Forum Stats
24609 Posts in 1932 Topics by 812 Members
Latest Member: Viper364
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
The VIPER Garage  |  How To Instructions  |  How-to section  |  Daytime Running Lights by RTTTTed
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Daytime Running Lights by RTTTTed  (Read 1407 times)
Leslie
« on: October 21, 2010, 01:28:20 PM »

I got this illustration from RTTTTed:)

This car is similar to my 01 wiring (Power Control Module) so I figured out a much easier, super simple way to save the $500 some Canadian Dealers cahrge for installation of the DRL├ęDaytime Running Lights that are required to register a US car in Canada. Although this is a 2000 Dodge Viper GTS ACR all PCMs are similar and this modification will only take 5 minutes.
1. Cut a short piece of fine electrical wire (speaker wire is perfect). 4 inches is more than enough. Bare 3/8 to 1/2 inch of copper wire at each end.
2. Open hood and remove the cover of the PCM/Power Control Module. Located on top of Driver`s footwell under hood. The Black plastic lid with Yellow writing and fuse access.

3. Using pliers remove the Low Beam Relay and the ASD/Automatic Shut Down Relays from the PCM and set them aside (they are identical). They can be located in the diagram inside the PCM cover`s lid. My PCM has them located at the front and 3rd positions.

4. Insert the ends of the short piece of wire you prepared into the relay slots as shown in the diagram. Standing beside Driver`s side front tire and looking at fuse holder the terminal slot is farthest away on the right hand side of both relay slots.

5. Re-insert Relays back into their spots and make certain that the BARE wire ends are inserted before the relays are inserted. Replace PCM lid and start car. If low beam headlights do not light up with Key-on position check that new wire ends are contacting relay terminals cleanly and wire coating is not inside the terminal slots.
This modification is safe and legal. I have passed the Federal and Provincial Inspections several times with these type of Daytime Running Lights.

Ted Hlokoff

« Last Edit: October 21, 2010, 01:45:52 PM by Leslie » Logged
RTTTTed
Owner
Administrator

Viper Nation - ezine
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2010, 06:08:45 PM »

Thank you for posting this Leslie.

Ted
1999 1200rwhp TT GTS - ART, 2001 Roe sc GTS- (4 sale), 440 Duster restomod (sold), 3x Stealth TTs, 92 Daytona IROC with T3, 580whp/1080wtq Cummins pickup.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »

SMF 2.0.2 | SMF © 2011, Simple Machines | Theme by nesianstyles | Buttons by Andrea