The VIPER Garage
User Info
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 30, 2017, 12:17:47 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
News
Welcome all new users to The Viper Garage - please read the site introduction in the Announcements
Pick Your ViperGarage Theme
Forum Stats
24587 Posts in 1926 Topics by 771 Members
Latest Member: MIUBHI
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
The VIPER Garage  |  Generation-specific Viper Forums  |  RT/10 & GTS Viper Discussions  |  Tom's 40mm brakes are back!
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Tom's 40mm brakes are back!  (Read 103 times)
40mm

« on: March 29, 2017, 07:11:10 PM »

Tom's 40mm brakes are back and they are as good as ever!
The only change is they're now made by Rick.

As you may know, Toms's life got super busy and he stopped making the 40mm brakes a few years ago. I installed one of those last sets on my 2000 RT10 and I immediately approached Tom because it was too good a product to let die. So, I've taken over his business of building the best bang for the buck braking mod for all pre-ABS Vipers, and I aim to make him proud!
  I've changed nothing from Tom's design. He's given me his spares, suppliers and the knowledge to do his mod; I'm even using the same machine shop he used to machine the calipers and pistons.

I don't really need to say what these rear calipers do for the braking balance for the Gen 1/2 (non-ABS) Vipers- a forum search will say it all.
It's a simple, hour long straight up caliper swap that allows you to use whatever stock sized pads and rotors you like, with no cutting or modifications needed on the car whatsoever. It brings the car into a near-perfect braking balance and all but eliminates the dreaded front end lock up that is the problem with these front brake heavy cars. It really is how these cars should have come from the factory.

You get a pair of ready to install 40mm modified rear calipers, rebuilt with all new rubber seals and o-rings, sandblasted and painted in hi-heat caliper paint.

The price is $800/pair shipped, exchange only. I need your old calipers sent back to me in Buffalo NY in order to keep this business going. You can send them after you've installed the new ones- so no car down time.

I have 5 sets ready to go, once they're gone I likely won't do another run until the fall.

I can also do rebuilds if you have tired or leaking 40 and original 36mm calipers.

Any questions please PM, email ricks40mm(at)hotmail.com or call/text six four seven 992 3933.

Thank you!
Rick Schaefer

Oh, and for any Canadians here... I'm also in Toronto so I can make a great deal for you without worrying about the crappy exchange rate and cross border shipping.
« Last Edit: March 30, 2017, 06:27:46 PM by 40mm » Logged
40mm

« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2017, 06:29:08 PM »

Edited for correct email address

Ricks40mm(at)hotmail.com
RTTTTed
Owner
Administrator

Viper Nation - ezine
« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2017, 11:13:58 PM »

Way to go Rick!  After having 2 Vipers with Tom's 40mm brakes I was really sad that he quit makiung them.  My Vipers had a huge gain stopping with Tom's 40mm calipers compared to stock. 

To run 15" wheels on my 1500whp Twin turbo I changed to Wilwood 4 piston calipers and slightly smaller rotors.  My cost was $1600 and after all the screwing I got it took 3 months to finish the job.

My 2001 supercharged Viper ABS brakes worked great on the street, but some idiot decided to drill the brake lines to bolt on the extreme outside and that required 18" wheels for the 43mm single piston calipers.  Since I have a set of 16" Drag Pack slicks and a set of 17" CCWs I needed to get proper brakes on the back of my car so I installed a pair of IPSCO front Gen 2 to rear adapters and can bolt my 16" wrinkle slicks on the car now!!!

When I sold the Tom's 40mm upgrade calipers from my TT the new owner used them on his car for Road Racing.  He was very impressed with the huge difference in stopping distance!
1999 1200rwhp TT GTS - ART, 2001 Roe sc GTS- (4 sale), 440 Duster restomod (sold), 3x Stealth TTs, 92 Daytona IROC with T3, 580whp/1080wtq Cummins pickup.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »

SMF 2.0.2 | SMF © 2011, Simple Machines | Theme by nesianstyles | Buttons by Andrea