The VIPER Garage
User Info
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 19, 2017, 12:03:50 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
News
Welcome to the updated Viper Garage.  We look forward to exchanging stories, events, tech info, pictures and fun.  Welcome to our humble Viper Home
Pick Your ViperGarage Theme
Forum Stats
24593 Posts in 1928 Topics by 781 Members
Latest Member: Deceufour
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
The VIPER Garage  |  Generation-specific Viper Forums  |  RT/10 & GTS Viper Discussions  |  Need advice on wheels/slicks for a Gen2 Twin Turbo
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Need advice on wheels/slicks for a Gen2 Twin Turbo  (Read 48 times)
LenZ

« on: September 17, 2017, 06:05:05 PM »

I have a Gen 2 Twin Turbo (currently 600whp) and I need recommendations for smaller rear wheels and recommended tire sizes for slicks. I made my first trip to the track this weekend and as expected traction was my worst enemy. That and my horrible timing with a clutch leaving the light. I know I've seen pictures of what appeared to be 15 or 16inch wheels on Gen 2's running slicks. Any thoughts or opinions would be great! Thanks!!
2000 R/T Orange w/Black Stripes
Mods: Mild Cam, Smooth Tubes, Headers w/3"exhaust-no cats/mufflers, SCT Tuner, IPSCO STS, BMR Axles
Dyno Tuned 540 bhp 457 rwhp
RTTTTed
Owner
Administrator

Viper Nation - ezine
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2017, 03:22:37 PM »

I have some 17" CCW Classics I could sell you.  Wrinkle slicks fit up to 17" wheels.  Lots of size options if you look at Summit, Mickey Thompson, etc

CCWs also make a 16" wheel for the Gen 1/2 Vipers that fit 14.5 x 16 x 28" wrinkles (mine are Hoosiers).  They also make a set of 12 x 16 x 26" wrinkle slicks for these wheels, but not much else for 16"

I have 15" wheels and tires on my '99 TT GTS.  I also have a GForce race trans, steel carrier caps, Mcleod clutch, chrome moly dsahaft, $11,000 MW halfshafts, 33 spline MW spool and Billet yokes. 

15" requires a smaller 12.2 rear brake pieces from Wilwood brakes.  I do norecommend this as the kit I got was incomplete and cost me $350 extra for parts stated as included but not in box and changing from junk rotors to premium hi carbon rotors and Ceramic (high speed) pads.  I re designed the "kit" I bought and all the parts are listed in the How To section on this website

What whp are you running? what transmission?  gear set? 
1999 1200rwhp TT GTS - ART, 2001 Roe sc GTS- (4 sale), 440 Duster restomod (sold), 3x Stealth TTs, 92 Daytona IROC with T3, 580whp/1080wtq Cummins pickup.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »

SMF 2.0.2 | SMF © 2011, Simple Machines | Theme by nesianstyles | Buttons by Andrea