The VIPER Garage
User Info
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 22, 2018, 11:09:01 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
News
Pick Your ViperGarage Theme
Forum Stats
24619 Posts in 1934 Topics by 821 Members
Latest Member: Jhalo
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
The VIPER Garage  |  Classifieds  |  Vipers For Sale  |  2001 Supercharged GTS for Sale
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: 2001 Supercharged GTS for Sale  (Read 6674 times)
RTTTTed
Owner
Administrator

Viper Nation - ezine
« on: October 01, 2011, 09:22:51 AM »

720+rwhp Roe Racing supercharged GTS for sale.  20mpg (US).  This car has had a Podium finish nearly every competition entered into for the last 4 years!  This year Trevor Cameron and I finished 1st and second in the Targa Rally.  Couple weeks ago Tim Anglin and I finished 3rd in the SSCC Open road Rally and 3rd fastest car in the Half-mile Shootout at 151mph @ 6,200' altitude.  The previous owner went 10.5@139mph in the quartermile on PS1s!  

SSCC Halfmile Shootout, supercharged Viper GTS

Engine has Ross Forged pistons, ported heads, 708 cam, rockers, pushrods, custom airbox,TNT headers, Titanium axles, stereo, Polished Roe Racing Supercharger kit.  

Wheels are Forgelind VR1 Billet lightweight pieces fitted with a Hella Tire Temp and Pressure Monitor System.  I installed Unitrax Titanium axles after finding one of the 800hp axles had a bent spline.  I refabricated the driver's seat mounting brackets so that the seat still retains front and back movement, but is now over an inch lower than stock.  Brakes have been upgraded to lightweight 14" Roe fronts and lighweight rear rotors.

I installed a Bluetooth/ipod/sat./Premier stereo head unit and Hertz premium speakers.  One of the first things I installed in this car is the Excort Passport hidden radar detector.  Valued at $1500 this unit has saved my license more than once.  My particular unit also has safety messages (Fire truck, Ambulance, Road closed, etc.) and includes Laser Scramblers!

This Sapphire/silver GTS has been featured in many stories and articles.  6 stories in Viper Magazine, 12 stories in domesticdriver.com and most of the stories/articles in www.vipernation.com   Most of the DIY/How To threads on this site I used this car to illustrate the modifications.

A few other items are the Roe Racing chromed Halotron fire extinguisher that is mounted to the passenger seat mounting bolts.  The TTPMS is much better than newer stock offerings with Temp and pressure shown according to each tire individually.  For the cell phone and Nav system I added another cig lighter power supply with one having a "Laser lighting system included.  I also have a set of cutstom Blue/silver guage faces made for me by Kng Snk (not installed).  
« Last Edit: November 14, 2011, 05:59:57 PM by RTTTTed » Logged
1999 1200rwhp TT GTS - ART, 2001 Roe sc GTS- (4 sale), 440 Duster restomod (sold), 3x Stealth TTs, 92 Daytona IROC with T3, 580whp/1080wtq Cummins pickup.
RTTTTed
Owner
Administrator

Viper Nation - ezine
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2011, 09:26:07 AM »

http://img577.imageshack.us/img577/4213/img9132800x533.jpg

and ..

« Last Edit: October 02, 2011, 10:08:00 PM by RTTTTed » Logged
1999 1200rwhp TT GTS - ART, 2001 Roe sc GTS- (4 sale), 440 Duster restomod (sold), 3x Stealth TTs, 92 Daytona IROC with T3, 580whp/1080wtq Cummins pickup.
RTTTTed
Owner
Administrator

Viper Nation - ezine
« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2011, 09:53:03 PM »

I'll start an upgrades list for my GTS driveline.  

Roe Racing Twin Screw Polished supercharger kit with Custom Airbox and twin cone filters.  Body colored tubes, Valve covers and airbox.
Roe Racing Hiflow fuel logs and low imp injectors (10# system) Polished CNC'd intake manifold Xtra pulleys and spare drive belt
Vec 2 -upgraded to vec3
MSD Boost a Pump and Walbro fuel pump in tank
Roe Racing water-methanol injection system
Hurst short shifter

The engine was rebuilt by Macedo Motorsports/M2.  The engine was upgraded to work with the Roe Racing blower kit.  Not including blower, headers etc the cost of the engine work was $13,000.

Roe Racing supplied 80mm Throttle bodies
1996 ECU (no misfire codes)
Macedo crank evac system with SS braided lines, vent and remote tank
Clevite bearings
Ross Racing forged 9-1 pistons and appropriate rings.
708 cam with TNT 1.7 rockers and tubing pushrods.  
Fidenza Aluminium Flywheel
Roe Racing 172F thermostat and Roe Racing Fan delay timer.
Cloyes timing set
Roe Racing double pin Crank Balancer pin kit.
Upgraded Injector connectors
CCV harness
Block, crank, rods, and other machine work
ARP bolts and nuts

Later I added;
Luk clutch
Racing Power Steering Billet Mounting bracket and RR. metal ps pulley
Abs blue sparkplug wire set with thermal guards
TNT 1 3/4" headers with Car delete and Corsa SS track exhaust (best sound possible and quiet while cruising)
Unitrax Titanium rear axles with D. Shaft loops
Skip Shift eliminator kit
AEM wideband sensor and guage.  Bungs welded into both exhaust elbows
« Last Edit: October 02, 2011, 10:14:36 PM by RTTTTed » Logged
RTTTTed
Owner
Administrator

Viper Nation - ezine
« Reply #3 on: October 02, 2011, 10:06:41 PM »

I found a head gasket starting to 'seep' so I pulled the engine down and removing both head I inspected all pistons and cylinders at 45K mi and found zero cylinder wall wear with black carbon covering the tops of all pistons (safe tune)

I took the heads apart and found now wear in the seats or valves.  I ported and polished the heads which look to be the W6 ports from the old Mopar Performance racing heads of the 'old days'.  I blended the seats into the heads and boatcut the guides for higher airflows and longlife.  Using my valve and seat grinders I checked the true of the valves and seats and then I backcut the valves and lapped them into the heads.  Reassembled and reinstalled the heads for improved performance.

RTTTTed
Owner
Administrator

Viper Nation - ezine
« Reply #4 on: October 02, 2011, 10:27:22 PM »

I wrote above about the 14" lightweight Roe Racing brakes I installed and EBC Reds/Ceramic pads

I installed Roe Racing billet pwoer steering pump brackets and RR. metal power steering pump pulley.

Because I have VR1 wheels on the carI was able to upgrade to 285 x 30 x 18" PS2 tires for the front this time. These wheels will fit the much larger 295s on the front and that should be the next set to go onto the front of this car.  

This GTS also comes lowered as it has Eibach springs on it and was supposed to be quarter balanced by the previous owner.  I'll include the stock Viper springs with the car.

For more downforce, better cooling, and aerodynamics I installed a Roe Racing front fascia scoop (invisible under the front bumper).  

I bought and installed Kng Snk's rear diffuser blades to enhance the aerodynamics of the back of my GTS.  They look awesome!
« Last Edit: November 14, 2011, 06:03:28 PM by RTTTTed » Logged
RTTTTed
Owner
Administrator

Viper Nation - ezine
« Reply #5 on: October 02, 2011, 10:50:03 PM »

When I purchased this car there was a Nitrous Oxide Kit installed in the car.  The purge valve is hooked up and installed but the system isn't connected to any fuel or a Bottle.  Install a fuel system and a Nitrous Bottle and add another several hundred horsepower.  So far the Nitrous displays well for car shows but I had no intention of using the Nitrous.  Where I live the Nitrous is impractical as well as this car is used for long highway trips and nothing local.  

Other than the couple times a year I actually get on the track I baby this car.  98% of all the miles were driven at 1250rpm.  

I have received only 1 ticket in this car and that was for going 6mph over the speed limit!

I enter a few Car Shows each year and if trophies are available I always take one home.  To improve the looks of my GTS I installed a slightly (state legal) tinted headlight protector film to the headlights, driving lights and the clear side markers.  

The film protects the lenses from rock chips and tones down the chromed appearance of the lights allowing the headlights to become part of the car instead of looking garish and extreme.
« Last Edit: October 02, 2011, 10:54:01 PM by RTTTTed » Logged
RTTTTed
Owner
Administrator

Viper Nation - ezine
« Reply #6 on: October 02, 2011, 11:12:10 PM »

If you want a 20mpg (US) 750rwhp show stopper Viper GTS, this is it.  A few miles, but much or the car is newer and nearly all of this car is better than stock.  This Viper comes with a lot of wins, history, video and magazine articles.  Although this car is LOUD under throttle I have NEVER heard a complaint and always get complimented on the sound of it.  This is one of the most photographed Vipers around and it looks like it.

The car's handling is amazing and I have won Rally, AutoX, 2nd in Hillclimb and 3rd in a Halfmile Shootout.  My Co-driver Trevor Cameron said, "This car accelerates instantly" when we won and got second in the Nakusp Targa Road Rally.  Tim Anglin/Bottlefed was my Navigator for our 3rd place finish in the "World's Fastest Open Road Rally" last month.

I'd sell the GTS without the SRX, minus TPMS, a cheaper head unit (no bluetooth), no HID headlights, stock Forged 18" polished wheels and no extra parts for $49,999

With the above items in the car, lightweight polished VR1 wheels and a few extra parts I want $54,999

With the above items, a set of ported Gen 3 heads for this car (+45rwhp), a Spec Carbon fiber clutch (new) with Fidenza friction plate, a new spare tire with BBD adapter for the Big Brakes and several other parts I'd take $59,999.

This car is one of only 37 GTSs that were built in this Deep Sapphire Blue with Silver stripes colors.
« Last Edit: October 27, 2011, 01:11:55 AM by RTTTTed » Logged
RTTTTed
Owner
Administrator

Viper Nation - ezine
« Reply #7 on: October 27, 2011, 01:25:48 AM »

This car is so good that if you can drive mediocre, this car will make your driving great.  Most of the competitions I have done are first times for me ... and I seems to take home the tophy each time.  Recently a Japanese Sports Car Magazine was visiting and they shot a lot of pics of my GTS.  When I got third in the Halfmile shootout the Japanese magazine crew had it posted on youtube.com within 2 days.  This car was featured in Viper Magazine 6 times!  It is the star of our ezine (www.vipernation.com). 

I cut and welded the seat track so that the driver's seat is more than 1" lower than stock, but still slides front and back.

There is a fire extinguisher mounted to the passenger seat track bolts (required for nearly all competitions).  I have 2 sets of Blue 5 point seat belt harnesses that are new and have not been mounted in any car.  This GTS has only stock 3 pt. factory seat belts. 

Non smoker.
RTTTTed
Owner
Administrator

Viper Nation - ezine
« Reply #8 on: August 26, 2012, 12:51:03 AM »

This car went 198mph off the throttle in the racethebase Ultimate Speed Challenge!  About 195mph in a standing mile at this event.

About 5th fastest car at event consisting of $3200 entry fee and about 70 supercars, except a Boss 302 and a couple of modified V8 BMWs. 

Another magazine, see the car on Rick Mercer TV show soon and various videos as well as what will probably become a training DVD for the Cdn armed forces?  It will be included in the ZR DVD being published.

If you want to beat million dollar cars, this is probably the one for you to buy. :driving:
Vigilantee

« Reply #9 on: August 26, 2012, 07:41:22 AM »

http://img577.imageshack.us/img577/4213/img9132800x533.jpg

and ..

One of the greatest Viper pictures IMHO
RTTTTed
Owner
Administrator

Viper Nation - ezine
« Reply #10 on: August 27, 2012, 11:50:08 PM »

Thanks Vig, I entered that pic in a SRT photocontest.  It would have won, but that was one of the photocontests that CEOs ask their employees to vote for their pic ...  so my better pic came in second. 

I have a couple pics overlooking the Grand Canyon, Paige, Dam that I like better.  Viper Jeff has photoshopped me a couple that are my recent favourites.

I have too many great pics and can no longer tell much more that they are great/good pics ... but there's so many that I can't tell which are the best anymore.
lgvenable

« Reply #11 on: October 24, 2012, 08:19:24 PM »

I'm interested give me a shout
lgvenableatgmaildotcom
four 23 seven 26 oneone 26
lgvenable

« Reply #12 on: October 24, 2012, 08:25:33 PM »

at full stated price, call me
RTTTTed
Owner
Administrator

Viper Nation - ezine
« Reply #13 on: October 30, 2012, 10:35:40 PM »

Larry decided to buy an extreme low mile 97 and build it himself.  Mine is still for sale.

I think Larry is gonna need about $70,000 to upgrade the stocker to catch my Sapphire GTS :D
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »

SMF 2.0.2 | SMF © 2011, Simple Machines | Theme by nesianstyles | Buttons by Andrea