The VIPER Garage
User Info
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 22, 2018, 07:21:17 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
News
Welcome all new users to The Viper Garage - please read the site introduction in the Announcements
Pick Your ViperGarage Theme
Forum Stats
24612 Posts in 1933 Topics by 817 Members
Latest Member: arnytt
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
The VIPER Garage  |  Generation-specific Viper Forums  |  SRT10 Viper Discussions  |  700 HP N/A Gen 4
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] Go Down Print
Author Topic: 700 HP N/A Gen 4  (Read 27637 times)
shooter_t1
« Reply #135 on: October 23, 2013, 03:48:21 PM »

Excellent project shooter, I understand your car has very low miles still. Is it all stock? what are you thinking about exhaust modifications. Are you going to go with the Mopar race ecu?  I wonder what is a ACRX ecu would do for you. How about spark plugs? I've heard the colder plugs from the a ACRX won't go into preignition quite so soon. I'm looking forward to you making 600+hp without getting into your motor. How about a couple more pictures of your car?

Thank you sir. Yes, I'll run the plugs that Dan @ Viper Specialties recommended. Don't remember which ones, but I will go back and look at his post in this thread.
shooter_t1
« Reply #136 on: November 12, 2013, 06:35:40 PM »

I'll be doing the intake this weekend at a friends. I'll have to take it to the dealer after and have them do an idle relearn so the pcm doesn't freak out when it see's the increased flow at low rpm's. If I get a chance before I go back to work, I'll do some pulls on the same dyno.
RTTTTed
Owner
Administrator

Viper Nation - ezine
« Reply #137 on: November 13, 2013, 03:13:41 PM »

Interesting that the pcm won't adjust the idle itself.

Sounds great Shooter.  Any pics of the inside of the intake ports for comparison?
1999 1200rwhp TT GTS - ART, 2001 Roe sc GTS- (4 sale), 440 Duster restomod (sold), 3x Stealth TTs, 92 Daytona IROC with T3, 580whp/1080wtq Cummins pickup.
shooter_t1
« Reply #138 on: November 14, 2013, 07:23:17 PM »

I'll take pics on Sat of them.
shooter_t1
« Reply #139 on: November 17, 2013, 08:19:27 PM »

Some pics of the installed intake.

It took my friend Andy and I about 3 hrs to do the swap. He did his about a week ago so I got to learn how to do it as we went along. After letting the car cool down from the drive over to the FLATOUT residence, we disconnected the battery. After the swap, reconnected the batt and fired it up. Not a hiccup or nothing. Car sounded a little throatier and idled better then stock. Had an uneventful drive to Tomball Dodge and had Morgan ( the Viper tech) look at it. He said by us disconnecting the battery, we basically did the idle relearn. So on the drive home, I brought it up to redline in 4th a couple of times (little over 160 mph)...you can definitely feel the difference from around 4k to 6k. Pulls like a freight train. And the best thing is....the Mopar PCM is not a requirement for this mod to work.

RTTTTed
Owner
Administrator

Viper Nation - ezine
« Reply #140 on: November 17, 2013, 10:10:44 PM »

Perfect.  Idle is usually just a disconnect on the AIS for our older cars.

Morgan did the power window motors in my TT GTS before I bought it Nov before last.  Picked the car up from Tomball.

The manifold looks good.  I like the Black engine.  My TT has gloss black intake and valve covers and looks great too!

It looks good

1999 1200rwhp TT GTS - ART, 2001 Roe sc GTS- (4 sale), 440 Duster restomod (sold), 3x Stealth TTs, 92 Daytona IROC with T3, 580whp/1080wtq Cummins pickup.
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] Go Up Print 
« previous next »

SMF 2.0.2 | SMF © 2011, Simple Machines | Theme by nesianstyles | Buttons by Andrea