The VIPER Garage
User Info
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
December 13, 2018, 01:09:31 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
News
Welcome all new users to The Viper Garage - please read the site introduction in the Announcements
Pick Your ViperGarage Theme
Forum Stats
24622 Posts in 1936 Topics by 842 Members
Latest Member: XEvilBestSaw
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
The VIPER Garage  |  Generation-specific Viper Forums  |  RT/10 & GTS Viper Discussions  |  MY TT GTS (Ted's)
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 22 Go Down Print
Author Topic: MY TT GTS (Ted's)  (Read 38689 times)
F8L SNK

« Reply #15 on: January 03, 2012, 10:28:45 PM »

Wish you would have had more time and let me know you were in town.  Kirk is a very good friend of mine!
RTTTTed
Owner
Administrator

Viper Nation - ezine
« Reply #16 on: January 03, 2012, 11:46:40 PM »

I had a lot of stuff going on at the time.  I really wanted to go the Top Speed event with Kirk and learn the car on the private runway ... but Kirk had new work and stuff came up so we went over the car, did the wait for money and tried making the Texas Tax dept happy (that was an impossible task), then I headed out of town Friday evening.  I was at a car gathering in Phoenix the next evening.  LOL, wore out the tires by Reno and JonB set me up so I could do a running stop on my way through.

It would have been great to visit the several people I email regular - but I guess I'll have to plan on going back to Texas again one day?

I thought Kirk was a pretty good guy and he treated me well.  He had the car detailed, replaced the subwoofer, installed new window winder mechanisms ($1800) and got Tomball to finish the safety recall so I could import the car into Canada. 

I did cross the border Tues morning!

1999 1200rwhp TT GTS - ART, 2001 Roe sc GTS- (4 sale), 440 Duster restomod (sold), 3x Stealth TTs, 92 Daytona IROC with T3, 580whp/1080wtq Cummins pickup.
RTTTTed
Owner
Administrator

Viper Nation - ezine
« Reply #17 on: January 06, 2012, 05:09:47 PM »

I emailed HRE wheels about the centercap for my front wheel (it fell off).  I sent a pic of my TT GTS so they could identify my wheels.  Got a reply that it was a fantastic photo and their marketing dept wanted to use it!   :2thumbsup:  so I sent them some better pics ...    :D

« Last Edit: June 30, 2015, 01:18:36 PM by RTTTTed » Logged
1999 1200rwhp TT GTS - ART, 2001 Roe sc GTS- (4 sale), 440 Duster restomod (sold), 3x Stealth TTs, 92 Daytona IROC with T3, 580whp/1080wtq Cummins pickup.
Disturbed

« Reply #18 on: January 11, 2012, 05:46:50 AM »

Congrats on the new tr.  Is that Gary almonds old tr viper?  I want one so bad.
RTTTTed
Owner
Administrator

Viper Nation - ezine
« Reply #19 on: January 11, 2012, 12:48:23 PM »

:D  Tr ailer?

I was buying a Stealth TT from JonB and bitching about my trailer being too narrow for a Viper and he gave me a phone number.  I bought the trailer from a Formula M owner that raced at PIR.  Trailer from washington near Oregon.

If you are wanting to buy a TT Viper 2001 GTS (1500rwhp) in LA let me know and I'll find the info.  Screaming deal.  It used to be a UGR that blew and was rebuilt.

Tr (TT) Viper?  It  was Shotgun Willie's Viper (Kirk) from Texas.  It was a Roe/nitrous Macedo car from Florida before that. 

Here's the pic that Kirk sent me that I recognized from years back ...

« Last Edit: January 11, 2012, 01:03:21 PM by RTTTTed » Logged
plumcrazy
Global Moderator

« Reply #20 on: January 11, 2012, 05:12:34 PM »

gary almond had an RT if i recall done by heffner. one of the first too
RTTTTed
Owner
Administrator

Viper Nation - ezine
« Reply #21 on: January 21, 2012, 04:26:22 PM »

:2thumbsup:  Last night I upgraded the rear brake calipers to Tom's 40mm calipers with dress covers.  I bought them slightly used from 97 Snk after Archer Racing sold the Stoptech Big Brake Kit I'd purchased through them.  The 16" CCW rims and wrinkle slicks I bought with my TT wouldn't fit over the 14" brakes on the rear so I've gone with the larger calipers for now instead.  Took me an hour and a half to instal them last night.  I added pics and instructions in the Big Brake "How To" thread.

Today I reglued my sunvisors because the Texas heat made the glue evaporate.  Wrote a short "How To" repair sunvisors thread.

I ordered another set of Anti-Toe stiffener brackets from Archer Racing since they disposed of my Stoptech kit.  Since I installed Poly sway bar bushings for my Sapphire GTS and installed them (another How To thread) I asked Archer Racing to send me a set of new Poly bushings for my TT GTS as well.  Slowly upgrading all the thousands of little things for the TT as well.

Ted
eucharistos

« Reply #22 on: January 23, 2012, 10:33:46 AM »

thanks again ted for posting all the details here and in other threads, as close to experiencing these as a person can without actually doing them  :2thumbsup:
Disturbed

« Reply #23 on: January 23, 2012, 01:44:52 PM »

If you are wanting to buy a TT Viper 2001 GTS (1500rwhp) in LA let me know and I'll find the info.  Screaming deal.  It used to be a UGR that blew and was rebuilt.

Shoot me the info on the TT car.  It would be easier than building one.  The issue I have, is selling the one I have.  I don't have room for TWO vipers.   :'(
RTTTTed
Owner
Administrator

Viper Nation - ezine
« Reply #24 on: January 23, 2012, 02:54:08 PM »

He won't accept trade-in ... I already asked.

I PM'd you his email

Ted
mbccenter

« Reply #25 on: January 24, 2012, 06:16:28 PM »

Tedd

You have some info on that TT for sale?
RTTTTed
Owner
Administrator

Viper Nation - ezine
« Reply #26 on: January 24, 2012, 06:58:56 PM »

I havn't talked to him in over a month, but cryogenicseq@hotmail.com is his email.

He just installed Stoptech BBK (ABS) and Moton shocks.  1500rwhp on a dyno, Titanium axles, 6060 trans, mags, 3500 on engine etc.  2001 Red GTS

It's been tuned to just under 1000rwhp on pump gas and just had a "check over" fluids etc at DC Perf. 

Ted
« Last Edit: January 24, 2012, 07:21:34 PM by RTTTTed » Logged
LS6M

« Reply #27 on: January 25, 2012, 05:13:49 PM »

Tedd

You have some info on that TT for sale?

hello,

that TT for sale is mine.

The car never had any problems nor did it have any when I took it to DC Performance.

I took it there last month for Dan to adjust my motons and check/refill the canisters. While it was there I had him change the fluids, flush out the coolant, change the plugs, put in new air filters. One of the head lights was out so I had them replace both of them. Did a realignment to the wheels adjusted and tuned the suspension and ride height. I added adjustable links to the suspension and had them vent the waste gates to the atmosphere for performance. Dan went over the whole car and its mechanically sound and there are no problems with the car.

There is one problem that I did not have him fix at the time. The problem is with the boost controller. It is not working properly and wont let you go higher than 15 #s of boost. Its basically just running off waste gate springs which are 15#. The car makes a pile of power the way it sits now on 91 octane and 15# of boost. Since I only drive the car on the streets fixing the boost controller wasn’t a priority.

Other than the boost controller the car has no problems.

Keep in mind none of this service was required. I wanted to make sure the car was perfect for the new owner. Ive also had an inspection done last Feb. at A&C Performance when I first got the car and there were no problems back then either. Plus it also helps having 2 reputable shops vouch for it.  8)

If anyone has any questions feel free to email me at cryogenicseq@hotmail.com

BADACR

Currently.... waiting on a motor!

« Reply #28 on: January 26, 2012, 10:17:39 AM »

Beautiful car! The stance/ride height looks absolutely awesome!
Mine looks like a 4x4 compared to yours, but our roads are terrible, and I already cracked my front bumper going up my driveway.
Paxton blown ACR
Disturbed

« Reply #29 on: January 27, 2012, 07:05:02 AM »

Wish someone would just buy my car so I can pick this one up.  I have a thing for 2001 Red GTS's.   :bow:

hello,

that TT for sale is mine.

The car never had any problems nor did it have any when I took it to DC Performance.

I took it there last month for Dan to adjust my motons and check/refill the canisters. While it was there I had him change the fluids, flush out the coolant, change the plugs, put in new air filters. One of the head lights was out so I had them replace both of them. Did a realignment to the wheels adjusted and tuned the suspension and ride height. I added adjustable links to the suspension and had them vent the waste gates to the atmosphere for performance. Dan went over the whole car and its mechanically sound and there are no problems with the car.

There is one problem that I did not have him fix at the time. The problem is with the boost controller. It is not working properly and wont let you go higher than 15 #s of boost. Its basically just running off waste gate springs which are 15#. The car makes a pile of power the way it sits now on 91 octane and 15# of boost. Since I only drive the car on the streets fixing the boost controller wasn’t a priority.

Other than the boost controller the car has no problems.

Keep in mind none of this service was required. I wanted to make sure the car was perfect for the new owner. Ive also had an inspection done last Feb. at A&C Performance when I first got the car and there were no problems back then either. Plus it also helps having 2 reputable shops vouch for it.  8)

If anyone has any questions feel free to email me at cryogenicseq@hotmail.com

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 22 Go Up Print 
« previous next »

SMF 2.0.2 | SMF © 2011, Simple Machines | Theme by nesianstyles | Buttons by Andrea