The VIPER Garage
User Info
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 23, 2018, 10:48:14 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
News
Pick Your ViperGarage Theme
Forum Stats
24612 Posts in 1933 Topics by 817 Members
Latest Member: arnytt
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
The VIPER Garage  |  Generation-specific Viper Forums  |  RT/10 & GTS Viper Discussions  |  MY TT GTS (Ted's)
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 22 Go Down Print
Author Topic: MY TT GTS (Ted's)  (Read 36576 times)
LS6M

« Reply #30 on: January 27, 2012, 12:00:35 PM »

i didnt mean to derail this thread but i created a classified ad where questions can be asked.

haha yeah it looks nice low. i have no problem driving it low but i had Dan at DC performance raise it up about an inch when he tuned my Motons. It was a concern to prospective buyers being that low. since the ride height on this car is adjustable, the new owner can slam it or raise it again.

yeah bobby, it would be nice if you were able to get this car. just swap in your dry sump to rev this thing up high!!
Disturbed

« Reply #31 on: January 27, 2012, 01:07:41 PM »

i didnt mean to derail this thread but i created a classified ad where questions can be asked.

haha yeah it looks nice low. i have no problem driving it low but i had Dan at DC performance raise it up about an inch when he tuned my Motons. It was a concern to prospective buyers being that low. since the ride height on this car is adjustable, the new owner can slam it or raise it again.

yeah bobby, it would be nice if you were able to get this car. just swap in your dry sump to rev this thing up high!!

That would be the plan....I also have a 542 stroker crank that needs a home....this (( viper is perfect.  It would be like Sal's car...only better because it's red.
RTTTTed
Owner
Administrator

Viper Nation - ezine
« Reply #32 on: January 27, 2012, 09:23:30 PM »

This was the first TT I looked at.  My TT has a lot more (but different) parts and I paid a lot more money.   :lol:  even though I've owned 2 Red/silver GTSs I didn't like the Red much. 

I liked what I saw about this car and that's why I mentioned it.  The more 1000rwhp Vipers running down the street, the better! :2thumbsup:

1999 1200rwhp TT GTS - ART, 2001 Roe sc GTS- (4 sale), 440 Duster restomod (sold), 3x Stealth TTs, 92 Daytona IROC with T3, 580whp/1080wtq Cummins pickup.
RTTTTed
Owner
Administrator

Viper Nation - ezine
« Reply #33 on: February 14, 2012, 01:04:24 AM »

Archer Racing sent me a set of Anti-toe brackets for my TT.  I asked them to throw a set of polyurethane swaybar bushings in the box as well.  I started installation today.  

Reasoning for the Anti-toe stiffener brackets is because the Gen 1/2s have serious flex issues with the lightweight attachement points.  The factory upgraded the bracing behind the Diff for the Gen 3/4 models to overcome this issue.  Not willing to accept that a Gen 3 could handle better than my Gen 2 I have used Archer's brackets to stiffen my anti-toe link mounting to equal the newer Vipers.

Like my (4 sale) Sapphire GTS I added greasable poly swaybar bushings (Energy).  The stock bushing are a tight clamp, but polyurethane bushing are stiffer and with the channels cut into the sway bar side, these bushings are geased and allow much freer movement of the swaybar so that it can transfer the weight better than stock.  All these upgrades are very inexpensive and really make a difference to the way the car handles through transitions cresting hills.  

This GTS also needed a little grinding of the Diff mounting bracket to get the fit nice and tight without requiring a re-alignment.  

I was tempted to switch the lightweight rear brake rotors from my '01 Sapphire GTS to my TT, but when I though of all the work it took to adjust the ABS pistons when I installed the new EBC 'Red' pads last time I drove the car I decided to leave the rotors alone.  The brand new pads don't change over from ABS to non-ABS either - I'll just leave the new brakes on that GTS.  I'm not gonna spend over a grand just to save 20# buying new rotors ... not yet anyway.  

I also used this as an opportunity to clean my rear supsension and grease the ball joints.
1999 1200rwhp TT GTS - ART, 2001 Roe sc GTS- (4 sale), 440 Duster restomod (sold), 3x Stealth TTs, 92 Daytona IROC with T3, 580whp/1080wtq Cummins pickup.
RTTTTed
Owner
Administrator

Viper Nation - ezine
« Reply #34 on: February 16, 2012, 01:10:14 AM »

Pic of the rear end paraphenalia ... 

Top left shows the Archer Anti-toe stiffener bracket installed.

The gold colored bracket around the rear swaybar is covering the Energy swaybar bushings I also just installed.
Disturbed

« Reply #35 on: February 16, 2012, 05:44:32 AM »

I will have to look to see if I have the anti-toe brackets.  I ordered my sway bar bushings from autozone....it was about $50.
RTTTTed
Owner
Administrator

Viper Nation - ezine
« Reply #36 on: February 16, 2012, 11:17:25 AM »

I think JonB and Archer sell the sway bar bushings for about $40?  An advantage for you guys is that buying mail order out of state you don't pay any sales tax.  Xing the border (UPS & Fedex)we always get brokerage and 12% taxes.  USPS means sometimes we only pay the tax.  JonB sent me a couple of decals last week I got them - the postage was $35.!!!  WTH? 

Buy front and back swaybar bushings and the freight is the same.  Probably $12 for you guys?
Disturbed

« Reply #37 on: February 16, 2012, 09:30:03 PM »

That was the kicker...I didn't have to pay shipping...it was shipped to my house for free (or basically $10).  I had to buy some plugs when I was there any way.  :D
RTTTTed
Owner
Administrator

Viper Nation - ezine
« Reply #38 on: February 16, 2012, 11:55:38 PM »

:D :wave:

Here's the link to the Anti-toe bracket upgrade How To (pics etc.).  I wrote another How To for the Swaybar bushings as well in that section.  I wrote this a couple years ago when I upgraded my Sapphire GTS to the brackets.

http://thevipergarage.com/index.php/topic,354.0.html
RTTTTed
Owner
Administrator

Viper Nation - ezine
« Reply #39 on: February 18, 2012, 01:45:51 PM »

Whew, finally got those all finished.  After pricing out lightweight 2 piece rotors ($450 -900 EACH) I plan to switch the slotted, dimpled steel rotors off of my TT onto the Sapphire GTS.  

I pulled the driver's seat so that I could bolt the stock ECU to the floor.  Crossing the border often and the ecu being loose would certainly get the wires pulled out , but bolted down it will hopefully stay good.  As I understand it the stock ECU is needed to run the Vipers EEM/Electronic Entry Module, Alarm, elec. window and electric door openers.  5 wires run to the stock ecu.

The sides of the bottom bucket seat cover were unattached.

Seeing the seat lowering kit and the seat adjuster kit I figured that removing the stock seat track had caused the cover detachment and there being no where for rings to reattach the cover it had been left loose.  I took the seat in the house and used haywire to tie the side wires to the seat frame, tightening the bottom cover.

Removed the factory passenger seat and  ... also the sides are not tied down.  Couldn't see the grey "flappers" beside the seat on the passenger one though.  I guess I'm just "being ANAL"?  I don't think the grey underpinnings of the seats should be visible beside the seat, so I'll just tie those sides to the bottom of the seat as well.  If you do this make certain that you bend the sharp ends up out of the way so no one feeling under the seat will cut their hands and bleed on your car!  After wire tying the metal rods to the seat frame, I realized that one end slides into the seat frame and the other end can be pried open, then reclamped to fit into the seat frame, but factory uses a hog ring to hold the back end of the rod tight to the frame.  Either way works.

« Last Edit: March 14, 2012, 12:09:25 AM by RTTTTed » Logged
RTTTTed
Owner
Administrator

Viper Nation - ezine
« Reply #40 on: March 17, 2012, 12:50:02 AM »

I've been working on the rollcage, the seatbelt harnesses, the stereo and the rear brakes.

Today I installed the slotted/drilled Baer lighweight rear brake rotors.  The thinnest rotor being .84", I emailed Baer and they said the minimal thickness allowed is .77" so I'm good for another set of pads.

I spent 3 hrs and finally figured out how to move the cell phone pics from the phone memory to the mini SD and then downloaded into my computer.

Coming home from Texas after all my electronics were stolen.  I stopped at Darryl's in Phoenix, Az.

« Last Edit: March 17, 2012, 11:30:11 PM by RTTTTed » Logged
Disturbed

« Reply #41 on: March 17, 2012, 11:31:22 AM »

Lookin' good.  The only thing that erks me about the GTS is the rear finder gap.  Wish we could get a 345/40/18  or even a 345/35/19.  Something to fill it up a little back there without having to go so low you scrap on little thing on the road.
RTTTTed
Owner
Administrator

Viper Nation - ezine
« Reply #42 on: March 17, 2012, 11:37:30 PM »

My Sapphire GTS has Eibach sport springs and sits perfect.  This GTS is adjust high on the back for over 200mph aerodynamics and to run the 28" road racing slicks for a higher top speed).  The Wrindkle slicks are also 28" tall ...  

The front of the TT is too low (for 200mph) and barely clears a 2x4 on flat ground.  The nose drags loading into the trailer so I'll be lifting the nose of the car because it would really suck to rip out the intercooler dragging the nose on a speed bump

The car has Penske coil overs all around so the height is what you set it too.
« Last Edit: March 18, 2012, 10:46:26 AM by RTTTTed » Logged
RTTTTed
Owner
Administrator

Viper Nation - ezine
« Reply #43 on: March 18, 2012, 10:54:44 AM »

In the High Desert of Nevada ...

RTTTTed
Owner
Administrator

Viper Nation - ezine
« Reply #44 on: March 18, 2012, 01:38:07 PM »

I probably averaged about 17mpg (us) on the 2,999 mile trip.

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 22 Go Up Print 
« previous next »

SMF 2.0.2 | SMF © 2011, Simple Machines | Theme by nesianstyles | Buttons by Andrea