The VIPER Garage
User Info
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
August 21, 2018, 09:25:14 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
News
Welcome all new users to The Viper Garage - please read the site introduction in the Announcements
Pick Your ViperGarage Theme
Forum Stats
24619 Posts in 1934 Topics by 826 Members
Latest Member: scottyv10
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
The VIPER Garage  |  Vendor Area  |  Viper Specialty Performance  |  EV6/EV14 USCar Fuel Injector Connector SPECIAL, Other Viper Harness Connectors!
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: EV6/EV14 USCar Fuel Injector Connector SPECIAL, Other Viper Harness Connectors!  (Read 3693 times)
Viper Specialty
Perfection. That is our only requirement.

Viper Specialty Performance - HOME
« on: December 20, 2011, 08:55:12 PM »

Hey Guys,

We have recently been gearing up to be able to more easily produce Viper wiring harness components, in part due to the 1-step-from-finished Gen-4 Conversion packages for the Gen-2 & 3 Cars. As a result, we have some killer deals on some harness components that we had to buy a bazillion of to get our hands on them.

If you have a need for ANY Viper Electrical connectors or terminals, check with us first! Chances are we either have it in stock, can get it, or can at least tell you it is futile and you need to splice! We also distribute upper-level Autosport connectors and MIL-Spec wiring equipment, and can point you in the right direction.

One of these connectors is the Double Locking USCar {AKA EV6 or EV14} Fuel Injector Connector. These are the same as production Gen-4, and BY FAR the best connector design that I have seen. The Delphi junk that crowds the market is laughable by comparison in terms of quality, hence why I went way out of my way to get my hands on these. Anyone with a Gen-1/2/3 car changing fuel systems, strongly consider utilizing a USCar style fuel injector instead of the old EV1/Bosch type, they are more reliable and more compact.  

Each "kit" includes (1) connector, (2) terminals and (2) wire seals. All brand new and raw parts, NO SPLICING. Crimp and Go.

Pricing for 1-set quantities is 7.49/ea, this is HALF of what Mopar wants for them- and theirs aren't even raw parts, they are Pigtails that have to be spliced!

Wholesale & large quantity discounts available. Terminals also available separately, as I have thousands more terminals than connectors.

To Order: http://viperspecialtyperformance.com/catalog/product_info.php?products_id=193

« Last Edit: January 17, 2012, 01:06:46 PM by Viper Specialty » Logged
Dan Lesser, Owner
Viper Specialty Performance
www.ViperSpecialty.com
(716) 912-5336
RTTTTed
Owner
Administrator

Viper Nation - ezine
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2011, 11:19:20 PM »

These are comparable to the MSD injector harness upgrade?  The factory ones sure must be junk as one of the first upgrades to a Viper is the injector harness.  None of my cars came with factory inj. harnesses.

1999 1200rwhp TT GTS - ART, 2001 Roe sc GTS- (4 sale), 440 Duster restomod (sold), 3x Stealth TTs, 92 Daytona IROC with T3, 580whp/1080wtq Cummins pickup.
Viper Specialty

« Reply #2 on: December 21, 2011, 10:30:38 AM »

These are comparable to the MSD injector harness upgrade?  The factory ones sure must be junk as one of the first upgrades to a Viper is the injector harness.  None of my cars came with factory inj. harnesses.

Comparable in terms of performance yes, but there is no comparison in sealing capabilities between an EV1 type connector and a USCAR, which is why I recommend the newer style. The older ones seal on the face of the connector with pressure, and will leak if the connector is torqued, the newer ones seal at the body with a "sliding" style seal and will not leak unless damaged.

Yes, the factory injector clips on 92-06 cars are absolute junk. For example, on a Pectel equipped car that is capable of reading injector faults, the injectors were seeing an average of 500 faults PER HOUR with stock clips, being situations where the electrical contacts inside just didnt have enough contact to operate the injector at its full open amperage. Put on new clips, and that becomes virtually zero.
Dan Lesser, Owner
www.ViperSpecialty.com
(716) 912-5336
KNG SNKE

« Reply #3 on: December 21, 2011, 10:40:32 AM »

I want a coil setup mounted on the valve covers as seen on the Gen 4.  I have a gen 2.  How do we make this happen without destroying the bank account?
Viper Specialty

« Reply #4 on: December 21, 2011, 12:01:53 PM »

I want a coil setup mounted on the valve covers as seen on the Gen 4.  I have a gen 2.  How do we make this happen without destroying the bank account?

Well, destroying the bank account is a subjective term, lol!

Not a problem though. Since you are going completely aftermarket, it is actually simpler in terms of what you need and what you can use. However, no matter how you slice it, you are still over 1K in parts and machine work. To cut costs, I could certainly do the raw machine work [unless you want to do it] and supply the parts, for you to do any and all assembly. Otherwise I could try and make it more plug-and-play, but it would cost more to do so.

What is your exact setup? I am assuming full Gen-2, but what application, what engine management, etc.
Dan Lesser, Owner
www.ViperSpecialty.com
(716) 912-5336
Black Moon

« Reply #5 on: May 02, 2012, 12:52:07 PM »

Hey Guys,

We have recently been gearing up to be able to more easily produce Viper wiring harness components, in part due to the 1-step-from-finished Gen-4 Conversion packages for the Gen-2 & 3 Cars. As a result, we have some killer deals on some harness components that we had to buy a bazillion of to get our hands on them.

If you have a need for ANY Viper Electrical connectors or terminals, check with us first! Chances are we either have it in stock, can get it, or can at least tell you it is futile and you need to splice! We also distribute upper-level Autosport connectors and MIL-Spec wiring equipment, and can point you in the right direction.

One of these connectors is the Double Locking USCar {AKA EV6 or EV14} Fuel Injector Connector. These are the same as production Gen-4, and BY FAR the best connector design that I have seen. The Delphi junk that crowds the market is laughable by comparison in terms of quality, hence why I went way out of my way to get my hands on these. Anyone with a Gen-1/2/3 car changing fuel systems, strongly consider utilizing a USCar style fuel injector instead of the old EV1/Bosch type, they are more reliable and more compact.  

Each "kit" includes (1) connector, (2) terminals and (2) wire seals. All brand new and raw parts, NO SPLICING. Crimp and Go.

Pricing for 1-set quantities is 7.49/ea, this is HALF of what Mopar wants for them- and theirs aren't even raw parts, they are Pigtails that have to be spliced!

Wholesale & large quantity discounts available. Terminals also available separately, as I have thousands more terminals than connectors.

To Order: http://viperspecialtyperformance.com/catalog/product_info.php?products_id=193

I'd like to upgrade mine but my wires are already too short from an earlier conversion. Is a new fuel injector wiring harness very expensive?
KNG SNKE

« Reply #6 on: May 03, 2012, 06:54:16 AM »

My exact setup is Gen 2, Roe 5lb supercharged engine.  I personally like the look of the coil packs mounted on the valve covers. I personally would do the entire installation if you had the parts available and some guidance but from what I can tell there should be no guidance necessary, it should plug into my OEM connector and brand wiring to each individual coil pack per cylinder.  The most I should have to do is drill a hole per valve cover and amount the coil packs.  VEC 3 engine management by the way.  Am I correct or is more involved?

What raw machine work are your referring to?  I am thinking I can mount 5 individual coil packs on each valve cover.  I should have one wire that drops down to the spark plug and one wire that goes to the back of the motor to attach to a harness which plugs into the oem harness.  I don't want the coils to be covered, I want them to stand out. I would have to look for the photo I am referring to but I have seen this done on a gen 3 and it looked awesome.
CaptnCrash

« Reply #7 on: May 03, 2012, 04:50:57 PM »

My exact setup is Gen 2, Roe 5lb supercharged engine.  I personally like the look of the coil packs mounted on the valve covers. I personally would do the entire installation if you had the parts available and some guidance but from what I can tell there should be no guidance necessary, it should plug into my OEM connector and brand wiring to each individual coil pack per cylinder.  The most I should have to do is drill a hole per valve cover and amount the coil packs.  VEC 3 engine management by the way.  Am I correct or is more involved?

What raw machine work are your referring to?  I am thinking I can mount 5 individual coil packs on each valve cover.  I should have one wire that drops down to the spark plug and one wire that goes to the back of the motor to attach to a harness which plugs into the oem harness.  I don't want the coils to be covered, I want them to stand out. I would have to look for the photo I am referring to but I have seen this done on a gen 3 and it looked awesome.

The vec3 is only lying to the JTEC, you still have a PCM of some sort in there.  If you stay with the JTEC you'll have to do some wiring because it's designed for a wasted spark type ignition, ie 1 coil for 2 cylinders that fires on both compression and exhaust strokes.  Like a 4 stroke motorcycle.

If you go after market on the ECU then you can trash the vec and run an ECU that has 10 individual coil drivers.

I'm sure Dan will chime in about what he had in mind for the machine work but a good guess would be mounting the coils and covers for starters.
Viper Specialty

« Reply #8 on: May 03, 2012, 05:17:24 PM »

I'd like to upgrade mine but my wires are already too short from an earlier conversion. Is a new fuel injector wiring harness very expensive?

A fuel injector harness is actually a full engine harness, it is all one piece. The best bet in your case is to remove the harness, disassemble the injector leads, and spline in new injector wiring in the harness itself with MIL spec splices, and then just crimp new ends on. The core harness is large enough that the splices would be invisible.

If you ship the harness to me, I can do this in a couple hours.
Dan Lesser, Owner
www.ViperSpecialty.com
(716) 912-5336
Viper Specialty

« Reply #9 on: May 03, 2012, 07:20:47 PM »

What raw machine work are your referring to?  I am thinking I can mount 5 individual coil packs on each valve cover.  I should have one wire that drops down to the spark plug and one wire that goes to the back of the motor to attach to a harness which plugs into the oem harness.  I don't want the coils to be covered, I want them to stand out. I would have to look for the photo I am referring to but I have seen this done on a gen 3 and it looked awesome.

It is way, and I mean WAAAAY more complicated than what you are thinking. The JTEC can only drive 5 coils, not 10. We needed to develop and external set of coil drivers and a completely revised wiring harness, and then we have to modify the JTEC PCM internally to be able to run them. Lastly, we need to reprogram the JTEC in order to allow it to run with external coil drivers.

While I could make a harness that would allow the fitment to be plug and play, I would still need to modify your PCM, and supply you an SCT Flash tuner/program to run the setup. The VEC-3 has no ability to control or affect the way the coils run. All it does if "fool" the PCM on actual engine position when adjusting timing. If you were to do it correctly, the VEC should be removed, and an SCT w/2-bar sensor should be used.

Overall, the mounting of the coils is the easiest part.
Dan Lesser, Owner
www.ViperSpecialty.com
(716) 912-5336
KNG SNKE

« Reply #10 on: May 04, 2012, 02:39:03 PM »

I would LOVE nothing more than to remove the VEC for an SCT tune but I have not found anyone who will tune my car with an SCT and a roe 5lb setup.  I also do NOT want to be the experiment car to find out someone doesn't know how to tune sct for a Roe.  I am well aware the VEC is a band aid and I am not a fan of that.  The other issue is if I remove the VEC for an SCT how do I control a WM kit?  I would need a specialized kit.
Viper Specialty

« Reply #11 on: May 04, 2012, 08:14:41 PM »

I would LOVE nothing more than to remove the VEC for an SCT tune but I have not found anyone who will tune my car with an SCT and a roe 5lb setup.  I also do NOT want to be the experiment car to find out someone doesn't know how to tune sct for a Roe.  I am well aware the VEC is a band aid and I am not a fan of that.  The other issue is if I remove the VEC for an SCT how do I control a WM kit?  I would need a specialized kit.

Well, we can certainly do it, but as you know, we are neither right around the corner, nor able to squeeze in yet another project at the drop of a hat.

The problem is not so much knowing how to tune a Roe blower, but rather, knowing how to use SCT in general. Most SCT tuners have no idea how to properly work with the JTEC fueling strategy among other things.

The VEC can be left as a W/M control module only. It would be deleted in every other facet, and have no connection any longer to injectors or the PCM directly. It would get a tapped signal to gauge RPM, but that's all. IMHO, even the Meth kits are bandaids, and if your fuel allows you to tune without it, it is not a bad idea to do so.  A 5lb Roe on 93 octane without Meth and a proper tuning system should not have issues.

The other solution is a REAL W/M kit like Aquamist, or one of the other self-contained programmable kits. They do not rely on a VEC type system for control, they have their own inputs and/or sensors for control.
Dan Lesser, Owner
www.ViperSpecialty.com
(716) 912-5336
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »

SMF 2.0.2 | SMF © 2011, Simple Machines | Theme by nesianstyles | Buttons by Andrea