The VIPER Garage
User Info
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 19, 2021, 09:54:09 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
News
Pick Your ViperGarage Theme
Forum Stats
24624 Posts in 1958 Topics by 1124 Members
Latest Member: StayReadyGTO
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
The VIPER Garage  |  Vendor Area  |  Viper/Viper Truck Registry  |  A little about "The Registry" on Vipers and Viper Trucks
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: A little about "The Registry" on Vipers and Viper Trucks  (Read 2238 times)
ViperJeff

Viper Registry
« on: August 07, 2012, 07:35:19 PM »

The Viper/Viper Truck Registry function is to gather, accumulate, organize and maintain information relative to the Viper and Viper Truck. Registry information is obtained through contributions from owners, enthusiasts, and interested individuals.

Pretty simple.  

Our goal is to do some of those things that Dodge/Chrysler never did, provide owners with fun numbers data about the Baddest Car / Truck ever built... Owned by the Few... Feared by Many...  There are a 1000 sites out there that can tell you bore and stroke, tire sizes, performance data, who built it, who designed it, but when asked, how many 2002's are red with tan interior...... crickets.  That is our our adventure.  With the trucks, You give us a VIN, we can tell you Color, Date Built, Build Number, How many were built the same day, how many of each color for that day.  It just comes down to building a query based on a question.  We plan on doing the same with the Vipers.  It took me a little over 5 years to do the Viper Trucks.  made a lot of mistakes, learned even more avenues for accurate data.  The Vipers are coming along much faster than the Trucks, however, it will still take time.  Every little bit helps.

There are no special privileges or gift bags to be part of the Registry.  It is as simple as a picture of the VIN tag on the door and a picture of the Viper.  The VIN Tag gives me color, MDH, Date of MFR and Verification of the VIN.  I'm slowly learning all the Trim Codes, wow is that a project.  Having a registered Viper/Viper Truck does make you eligible to be selected as Viper of the Month.  Sorry again no prizes.  I enjoy doing Photoshop Graphics with Vipers/Viper Trucks, the next one may be yours.  

Cost......., a staggering $0.00 and a smile

I've been doing this on my own dime for over five and a half years, probably forever, I know I will live that long

Questions, please ask.  I don't know all the answers, but I try

Have a Great Evening and "Push The Button", it's time for a Drive

Jeff
“Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts.”
― Winston Churchill
ViperJeff

Viper Registry
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2012, 09:54:27 PM »

VR-00208 L8TAPEX added to the Registry

http://www.vipertruckregistry.com/ViperRegistry/2001%20Viper.VR-00208-L8TAPEX.ashx
“Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts.”
― Winston Churchill
RTTTTed
Owner
Administrator

Viper Nation - ezine
« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2012, 10:16:27 PM »

:D  I love Sapphire/silver Vipers!
1999 1200rwhp TT GTS - ART, 2001 Roe sc GTS- (4 sale), 440 Duster restomod (sold), 3x Stealth TTs, 92 Daytona IROC with T3, 580whp/1080wtq Cummins pickup.
ViperJeff

Viper Registry
« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2012, 12:32:11 PM »

Question for the Viper Owners,

What about a Registry makes you shy away form it?

I ask, because the more I know what people think and how they feel.  I hope to do a better job

Vj
― Winston Churchill
RTTTTed
Owner
Administrator

Viper Nation - ezine
« Reply #4 on: September 28, 2012, 02:53:42 AM »

Our society teaches us that anyone can walk past us and steal our credit cards with a scanner.  We get told not to give out our address of someone will steal our ID and rob us blind (like our Gov doesn't already do that ?  :headscratch:

I think that people are just scared because they can be hacked so easy.  So people are secretive with no reason although often politicians, investors, brokers and other (pres, CEOs etc) are liars and secretive to hide their corruption and theft. 

I registered because Karma is gonna be a bitch - and the Gov takes away ...  I'm not corrupt and everyone knows everything about me already.  LOL
1999 1200rwhp TT GTS - ART, 2001 Roe sc GTS- (4 sale), 440 Duster restomod (sold), 3x Stealth TTs, 92 Daytona IROC with T3, 580whp/1080wtq Cummins pickup.
ViperJeff

Viper Registry
« Reply #5 on: September 28, 2012, 11:19:50 AM »

I guess thats what makes it so frustrating at times.  I wish people were aware that all the VIN's are on the Web, the details (except 1992) are all on the web.  The only thing left out of that equation is the effort to consolidate those findings.  It's more fun with involvement, however, it really doesn't change that it's there.  I think I even had a past VCA President trying to learn more about his Viper and in an effort not to step on the IVR I gave him far less than what I know.  With all that I've read in the past few days, the IVR under the control of the VCA I am not hopeful.  I get this feeling the VCA will make an effort to block what I know, but they can't block what is shared freely.  I guess over the next few months we will learn (or I will learn) where I stand.  The part that is fun for me, is, the data that I've been compiling is something not even the great VCA machine is capable of doing with all there access to Chrysler/Dodge/SRT.  The data is there, they just don't know what to do with it..... makes me laugh.

I feel like others being disenfranchised by an organization that is..... a car club.

The more I read about membership and being in good standing...... (or not) really kinda leaves me with being the guy staring through a closed window.  I feel I need to create a AKA like Whoopi Goldbery playing Robert Cutty in the Associate........  just to be accepted

makes me look a little selfish, doesn't it.....:(
― Winston Churchill
RTTTTed
Owner
Administrator

Viper Nation - ezine
« Reply #6 on: October 09, 2012, 10:31:40 PM »

???  If you're selfish because you're concerned about Viper owner's information - you'd keep it private.  By offering to share with the public for free ...  there's No selfishness in what you're doing.  That you offered to help "the other site" also seems generous, not selfish.   :goodjob:

And ... how many Black with Black int were built in '99?

:headscratch:
uvbnbit
AL/TN VCA President '07-'08,'09-'10 (the good ole days...kinda :D)

« Reply #7 on: October 10, 2012, 04:01:19 AM »

Jeff,
Do we PM the info to you?  maybe I missed it  :headscratch:

-chip
'98 RT/10.  Roe 6.5, Vec3, 1.7 H/S's, B&B exhaust, high flow cats, 3.33 gear, K&N's, Eibach's/caps...
ViperJeff

Viper Registry
« Reply #8 on: October 14, 2012, 02:26:13 PM »

Yes, or you can email it to me @ viperjeff@vipertruckregistry.com

Thank You Sir
― Winston Churchill
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »

SMF 2.0.2 | SMF © 2011, Simple Machines | Theme by nesianstyles | Buttons by Andrea