The VIPER Garage
User Info
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 19, 2021, 08:55:27 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
News
Pick Your ViperGarage Theme
Forum Stats
24624 Posts in 1958 Topics by 1124 Members
Latest Member: StayReadyGTO
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
The VIPER Garage  |  Vendor Area  |  Viper/Viper Truck Registry  |  Hey Ted
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Hey Ted  (Read 2247 times)
ViperJeff

Viper Registry
« on: October 09, 2012, 07:25:08 PM »

How would you feel if I did the majority of my Registry stuff here
“Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts.”
― Winston Churchill
RTTTTed
Owner
Administrator

Viper Nation - ezine
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2012, 07:55:02 PM »

I'll check with the host, and my silent partner.  Don't expect a problem with that ... 
1999 1200rwhp TT GTS - ART, 2001 Roe sc GTS- (4 sale), 440 Duster restomod (sold), 3x Stealth TTs, 92 Daytona IROC with T3, 580whp/1080wtq Cummins pickup.
ViperJeff

Viper Registry
« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2012, 08:36:18 PM »

I want to notch things up a bit on the Viper Side and give it a true test to see what the interest really is.  I've been mulling things over for some time.  I have an incredible amount of time into it and would like to get it to a point where it's a resource and not just a hobby.  The truck forums are OK, just not enough traffic to know for sure.  That and I didn't want to impose without really understanding everyones thoughts on the subject... maybe I worry to much

Vj
« Last Edit: October 10, 2012, 07:13:29 AM by ViperJeff » Logged
“Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts.”
― Winston Churchill
RTTTTed
Owner
Administrator

Viper Nation - ezine
« Reply #3 on: October 09, 2012, 10:27:16 PM »

I like the idea.   :hayes:

I used the int registry to check numbers back in the day.  It was helpful to let people know how many colors, ACRs and interior colors were made.  Now that Dodge/SRT builds so many unique and super rare the collector values aren't in specific colors, stripes and interior pacakges anymore.  But any registry is much more valuable the older these cars become. 

ie; the Red, then Red/silver striped Vipers were the most common color.  My 2000 GTS ACR Red/silver striped was one of only 25 ACRs that color of that year.  Just over 200 ACRs built that year.

The newer cars don't matter as much since there are many unique color packages starting with the mid Gen 3 Vipers.  The Gen 4s truly came in many colors with different stripes etc.   By most of them being 'rare' the value isn't as high.
1999 1200rwhp TT GTS - ART, 2001 Roe sc GTS- (4 sale), 440 Duster restomod (sold), 3x Stealth TTs, 92 Daytona IROC with T3, 580whp/1080wtq Cummins pickup.
ViperJeff

Viper Registry
« Reply #4 on: October 10, 2012, 07:15:00 AM »

My goal has always been, determining a reasonable build sequence like i did with the trucks
― Winston Churchill
RTTTTed
Owner
Administrator

Viper Nation - ezine
« Reply #5 on: October 14, 2012, 02:19:44 PM »

What do you need for registry stuff Jeff?  A separate Board?
ViperJeff

Viper Registry
« Reply #6 on: October 14, 2012, 02:26:51 PM »

Nope, here is perfect
― Winston Churchill
RTTTTed
Owner
Administrator

Viper Nation - ezine
« Reply #7 on: October 14, 2012, 04:31:24 PM »

Then go ahead.  If any problems show up I'll let you know.  Glad to be a part of it. 

I'd like to see the inherant problems with these machines listed so that when people are buying (other than for Museums) there is a comprehensive list of the flaws etc so that people buying can have acess to  the best info.  Things like the 96 & 97 cast manifolds tendency to crack (and weigh an extra 50#).  The 96 & 97 Cast wheels and GTS wheels being only 17" until 99.  The TSBs/Technical Service Bulletins ... like therack mounting and A arm mount bad welding on some of the 98 & 99s, etc.   When I bought my 2001 there was no safety recalls, but the recalls on my 99 had  been done except for the rack gussett installation.
ViperJeff

Viper Registry
« Reply #8 on: October 14, 2012, 05:12:17 PM »

Those would be very good items to add also.  maybe no so much as a Registry deal, but more of a "Things to Know".  I see people post all the time asking those kind of questions.  The information is so scattered that unless everyone knows everything, only the common stuff gets brought up.  Some people just don't care, they found the car they want and they buy it and worry about the little stuff after the fact.  It would still be cool to have a section that covers things people should know.  The Viper Trucks have the same issues.  Leaky oil lines, Balancer on the 04's will come off, rear main seal, front bearings and the occasional harness burn on the passanger side.
― Winston Churchill
RTTTTed
Owner
Administrator

Viper Nation - ezine
« Reply #9 on: October 14, 2012, 05:32:55 PM »

I'm pretty sure I listed most of them on this site in one place or another.  Pisses off a lot of guys that own 97s when you suggest to a newbie that he not buy a 97 because of the cast iron exhaust manifolds and cast wheels, lack of remote for s mirrors and no alarm reset. 

:lol:  All problems can be easily fixed though.
ViperJeff

Viper Registry
« Reply #10 on: October 14, 2012, 05:42:22 PM »

Looks like I need to do some more reading
― Winston Churchill
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »

SMF 2.0.2 | SMF © 2011, Simple Machines | Theme by nesianstyles | Buttons by Andrea