The VIPER Garage
User Info
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
January 22, 2022, 04:29:17 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
News
Welcome all new users to The Viper Garage - please read the site introduction in the Announcements
Pick Your ViperGarage Theme
Forum Stats
24625 Posts in 1959 Topics by 1124 Members
Latest Member: StayReadyGTO
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
The VIPER Garage  |  Classifieds  |  Viper Parts For Sale  |  Michelin PS2s for Sale / Sold
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Michelin PS2s for Sale / Sold  (Read 1894 times)
Steve 00RT/10

« on: July 18, 2011, 04:50:13 AM »

Tread depth is a solid 4/32nds on one tire and a tad less on the other (maybe 3.75).  The manufacture date code for both is 1307.  (13th week of 2007).   Two years ago, one of the tires picked up a very small brad on the bottom of the tire on the day of storage….which over the course of the winter leaked out about 25 pounds of air…..probably didn’t go flat because it was sitting on the tiny hole.    I believe it to be that day because until then I had never added air to the tires except for storage.  It was a VERY slow leak.  It was easily repaired by a professional tire shop in the spring of 2010, and is good to go.  There is no sun damage.  These tires have good serviceable life left in them.  We have some long trips coming up and I wanted a new set of skins on the back.

For anyone interested,  I have more pics including the repair, date code, and tread depth gauge in each tire.  $$425 for the pair.  I will chip in shipping up to $30 bucks a tire.

Steve

« Last Edit: May 13, 2012, 09:09:38 AM by RTTTTed » Logged
ViperGTS

« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2011, 10:37:12 AM »

13th week of 2007...use them as base for a coffee table  ;)
R.I.P. VCA
Steve 00RT/10

« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2011, 10:54:54 AM »

13th week of 2007...use them as base for a coffee table  ;)

If you replace tires when they're four years old......well ....I guess Michelin has to make money off of somebody.  ;)   These tires are still good for another two seasons.  They are Michelin warrantied for 6 years.  I wouldn't hesitate to run a couple track sessions with them.....or another 10,000 miles of summer driving.....just wouldn't want to be caught in heavy rain with them. Hmmm....come to think of it, we were in a snowstorm and slush with them about 5000 miles ago........probably 6/32nds then.  Kinda a white knuckled ride 150 mile ride, but they did OK  :driving:

Steve
RTTTTed
Owner
Administrator

Viper Nation - ezine
« Reply #3 on: July 19, 2011, 12:17:55 AM »

6 years is time to get serious about replacing the tires.  They would probably be OK if the car was parked in the garage (as Steve's are).   

Another thing to keep in mind is that the tires don't start to age until the coating that is sprayed on them at the factory gets worn off the tire's new surface.  The coating that comes on new tires seals the air from aging the tires.

Ted

1999 1200rwhp TT GTS - ART, 2001 Roe sc GTS- (4 sale), 440 Duster restomod (sold), 3x Stealth TTs, 92 Daytona IROC with T3, 580whp/1080wtq Cummins pickup.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »

SMF 2.0.2 | SMF © 2011, Simple Machines | Theme by nesianstyles | Buttons by Andrea